: A character is shown to be more attractive without their glasses on.
- Straight: Alice looks cuter without her glasses.
- Exaggerated: When Alice is wearing glasses, she's considered ugly, but when she takes them off, she is highly desired by both men and women.
- Downplayed: Some guys think Alice is cuter without glasses.
- Justified: Alice comes from a culture that doesn't consider glasses attractive.
- Inverted: Alice's glasses are part of why she's considered cute or beautiful.
- Subverted: Bob expects Alice to be cuter without her glasses, but is disappointed to find that she is less cute when she takes them off.
- Double Subverted: Alice seems less cute when she first takes her glasses off, but then she puts on makeup and becomes gorgeous.
- Parodied: Alice is surrounded by a lovestruck fan club as they chant, "Alice! Alice! Alice!" She puts on her glasses on right in front of them, and they all act like she disappeared.
- Zig Zagged: Some people like Alice better with glasses on, and some people like her better with glasses off.
- Averted: Alice looks the same with or without glasses.
- Enforced: The executives tell the animators that Alice has to look more attractive when she takes her glasses off than when she has them on.
- Lampshaded: Bob comments, "Wow, you look a lot hotter without your glasses."
- Invoked: Alice takes off her glasses whenever she particularly hopes to appear attractive.
- Exploited: When Alice runs out of money for food, she takes off her glasses and flirts with the store clerk to get him to pay for her groceries.
- Defied: Alice deliberately doesn't wear eye makeup so that taking off her glasses doesn't make much difference in her looks.
- Discussed: "I'll look better without my glasses, so I think I should take them off before talking to my Love Interest."
- Conversed: "That girl in the movie was a lot cuter without her glasses on."
- Played For Laughs: Bob turns into a stammering wreck whenever Alice takes her glasses off.
- Played For Drama: Alice has a lot of insecurities because she needs glasses to see but has always been told she's more attractive without them.
Back to The Glasses Gotta Go