: A character is cold and distant sometimes and warm and friendly at other times.
- Straight: Annie is cold and/or aloof towards people when she first meets them, but as they get to know her, she warms up and become more friendly with them.
- Exaggerated: Annie is absolutely icy towards people she meets but becomes way too attached to them when they get to know her.
- Downplayed: Annie is cool, but friendly towards people she meets, and as she gets to know them, she warms up a bit.
- Annie is suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder.
- Alternately, Annie had a painful past, and while trying to hide it, she overcompensates.
- Annie is bipolar.
- Annie has Asperger's Syndrome. She really does care about the people close to her, but her personality doesn't make it obvious.
- Annie is a nice person, but she needs to act dry and professional at work.
- Inverted: Annie is very friendly towards people she meets, but when they get to know her, she becomes very cold.
- Subverted: Annie seems to be warming up to Jason, but then she goes back to being an Ice Queen, saying she only needed him to get to the MacGuffin.
- Double Subverted: ...Then she admits she was joking and goes back to being warm and friendly.
- Parodied: Annie pretends to act all cool and aloof, but everyone can see right through her act.
- Zig Zagged:For some people, Annie is warm right off the bat, while others have to get her to warm up to them, and yet others only ever see the icy side.
- Averted: Annie either is an out and out Ice Queen or always friendly and nice.
- Enforced: "People aren't really connecting to Annie. Let's have her demonstrate that she isn't just an ice queen and she actually does have a warm side.
- "Well, of course the ice queen would have a heart of gold."
- "She's really nice once you get to know her, she just takes a while to open up."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Drew, knowing about Annie's warm side, purposefully gets close to her, so he might have a chance of becoming her Love Interest.
- Defied: Annie either chooses to never to let her warm side show or be open with her warm side at the start.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: Charlie and Bob talk about how Alice may be an Ice Queen but she warms up to people when she gets to know them.
- Deconstructed: Annie's icy exterior pushes people away and leaves her utterly friendless.
- Reconstructed: Because she repels people with her cold exterior, her friends are all accepting sorts, and actually the kind of person she'd like to be friends with.
Back to Sugar and Ice Personality