'''Basic Trope''': A character is cold and distant sometimes and warm and friendly at other times.
* '''Straight''': Alice is cold and[=/=]or aloof towards people when she first meets them, but as they get to know her, she warms up and become more friendly with them.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice is absolutely icy towards people she meets but becomes way too attached to them when they get to know her.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice is cool, but friendly towards people she meets, and as she gets to know them, she warms up a bit.
** Alice is suffering from [[SplitPersonality Dissociative Identity Disorder]].
** Alternately, Alice had a [[DarkAndTroubledPast painful past]], and [[BrokenBird while trying to hide it]], she overcompensates.
** Alice is bipolar.
** Alice has UsefulNotes/AspergerSyndrome. She really does care about the people close to her, but her personality doesn't make it obvious.
** Alice is a nice person, but she needs to act dry and professional at work.
* '''Inverted''': Alice is very friendly towards people she meets, but when they get to know her, she becomes very cold.
* '''Subverted''': Alice seems to be warming up to Jason, but then she goes back to being an IceQueen, saying she only needed him to get to the MacGuffin.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...Then she admits she was joking and goes back to being warm and friendly.
* '''Parodied''': Alice pretends to act all cool and aloof, but everyone can see right through her act.
* '''Zig Zagged''':For some people, Alice is warm right off the bat, while others have to get her to warm up to them, and yet others only ever see the icy side.
* '''Averted''': Alice either is an out and out IceQueen or always friendly and nice.
* '''Enforced''': "People aren't really connecting to Alice. Let's have her demonstrate that she isn't just an IceQueen and she actually does have a warm side.
** "Well, of course the IceQueen would have a heart of gold."
** "She's really nice once you get to know her, she just takes a while to open up."
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': Drew, knowing about Alice's warm side, purposefully gets close to her, so he might have a chance of becoming her LoveInterest.
* '''Defied''': Alice either chooses to never to let her warm side show or be open with her warm side at the start.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': Claire and Bob talk about how Alice may be an IceQueen but she warms up to people when she gets to know them.
* '''Deconstructed''': Alice's icy exterior pushes people away and leaves her utterly friendless.
* '''Reconstructed''': Because she repels people with her cold exterior, her friends are all accepting sorts, and actually the kind of person she'd like to be friends with.
Feel free to return to SugarAndIcePersonality, not that I care whether or not you do.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???