: A character in disguise reveals themselves by saying something only they'd say.
- Straight: Bob is wondering if a character is Alice in disguise. Once she insults his haircut, all doubt is removed.
- Exaggerated: Each member of the Five-Man Band has some insulting calling card they use to check identities.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: There are other people in the room who could endanger Alice and Bob if her true identity got out, so this is an effective way for only Bob to learn who she is.
- Inverted: Out-of-Character Alert
- Subverted: Bob is wondering if a character is Alice in disguise. She compliments his haircut, so he knows it's not her.
- Double Subverted: But then he realizes that the way she answered him was rude and sarcastic, as Alice often does.
- Alice's callsign is something like "Bob, your haircut makes you look like an idiot. And by the way, I'm not Alice."
- It takes Bob an insanely long time to figure out that it's Alice, even after she gives it away.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: The writer wants to up the UST and play up the Slap-Slap-Kiss dynamic between Alice and Bob, so he uses this method to do so.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: It's not Alice - it's really Emperor Evulz in disguise! But he's familiar enough with the team that he knows that Alice would be rude to Bob.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Something Only They Would Say