: A really, really slow transformation.
- Straight: John is bitten by a zombie, but it takes a whole week for him to completely turn into a zombie.
- Exaggerated: John only finishes his transformation a whole year after he is bitten by a Zombie.
- Downplayed: John finishes the transformation within twenty-four hours, screaming in agony the whole time.
- Justified: John was only infected with a single particle of The Virus.
- Inverted: John is bitten by a zombie and immediately becomes one himself.
- Subverted: John seems to be taking a long time to transform, but is then bitten by another zombie and proceeds to transform twice as fast.
- Double Subverted: ...only to have Alice inject him with the last of the anti-virus, which isn't enough to eradicate the virus but at least slows the transformation sequence enough to possibly find more anti-virus.
- A side screen shows a panel of grass growing faster than John's transformation.
- Title Card: "...Fifteen years later, John was a zombie."
- Zig Zagged: Transformation At The Speed Of Plot: Depending on the situation, victims either transform into zombies slowly or quickly.
- The transformation is finished in a matter of minutes.
- Transformation is not a plot point.
- Enforced: John is a character in a TV series and the writers are told they have to stretch out his transformation so he can be bitten during one sweeps week and transform during the next.
- Lampshaded: "Geez, when will it all be over?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The slowness of the transformation gives John enough time to find a cure to the virus.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Slow Transformation