: A boss has relatively low health, but has powerful attacks.
- Straight: The Climax Boss of Heroes of Troperia is a relatively short fight, but the boss can easily curb stomp the characters if the player isn't prepared.
- Exaggerated: The boss can be killed in one hit, but its repertoire consists entirely of One Hit Kills.
- Downplayed: The strongest boss has the lowest health out of all bosses, but higher than several mooks.
- Justified: The boss has a BFG but weak armour.
- Inverted: Marathon Boss
- The boss has low defense, but frequently dodges attacks, making the fight take longer than it normally would.
- Alternatively, the boss has low defense but doesn't have powerful attacks, turning it into a Breather Boss.
- Double Subverted:
- Just before the fight, the player obtains a skill that always hits, rendering the boss' speed meaningless.
- The boss gets much more formidable after it Turns Red.
- A villain is feared across the entire world for being able to level cities, but once the main character fights him in single combat, he keels over from being poked.
- Alternatively, there are two famous duelists who argue over two styles of fighting, one being a Marathon Boss and one being a Rush Boss.
- Zig Zagged:
- The skill does pitiful damage, so the fight still takes a long time.
- ...But its berserk stage still isn't impressive.
- Averted: The boss' ratio of attack to defense is average.
- Enforced: The manager of the development team told the monster designers to make bosses that hit hard and died fast, because they're more exciting than Marathon Bosses.
- Lampshaded: The Big Guy remarks, "This guy's silly toy looks like he's Compensating for Something. This shouldn't take too lonGAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH."
- Invoked: The boss studies offensive tactics above all else, so he can defeat his opponents before they know what's coming to them.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The boss realizes that while being a Glass Cannon makes for a more exhilarating fight, it is far more practical to be a Stone Wall.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Return to Rush Boss
, but make sure to beat it before it kills you!