: A physical defect that marks a character as evil.
- Straight: Drake's right hand is dark-red, covered in scales and Spikes of Villainy.
- Downplayed Drake's right hand is slightly tinted red.
- Justified: Drake has embraced The Corruption, and his hand turning red is an outward result of it.
- Double Subverted: But he is actually The Man Behind the Man or The Mole trying to convince heroes he's friendly.
- Parodied: Right hands are Colour-Coded for Your Convenience. Red? The Dragon. Green? Evil Genius. Black? Evil Overlord.
- Zig Zagged: Drake has a red right hand, but he's not evil. Oh wait, yes he is! Or is he? Yes, it seems he isn't. But he's still not too heroic. And now he's lost his arm- hey, is that an Arm Cannon?!
- Drake does not have any physical defects that mark him as evil.
- Physical defects, good or evil-looking, are completely unrelated to one's alignment.
- Enforced: "Oh, dammit, our characters are so overdressed you can't even tell a hero from villain!" "Then just make a villain's hand all red and spiky, or whatever."
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Drake's hand is, in fact, a glove made by him to look scary.
- Exploited: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Drake's red right hand was present since birth. Being constantly mocked by everyone and their dog is what drove him to villainy in the first place.
- Reconstructed: ...However, they were right about the hand being a sign that he had great evil in him
- Plotted A Good Waste: Drake's red right hand has nothing to do with being evil... but it does have to do with being extraterrestrial. Which is, of course, a pretty big Reveal.
Back to Red Right Hand