: A character smiles all the time regardless of the situation.
- Straight: Alice is always grinning ear to ear whether it's appropriate or not.
- Exaggerated: Alice always smiles, regardless of the situation or circumstances, and was even born with a smile on her face.
- Alice smiles almost all the time, but that smile comes off during especially serious moments.
- Alice almost always has a calm smile.
- Justified: Alice has been brainwashed into being happy all of the time.
- Inverted: Perpetual Frowner
- Subverted: The first episode she shows up in, Alice always smiles right up until the end, but doesn't smile at all for the next, more dramatic episode.
- Double Subverted: ... and after the third episode, she's always smiling again.
- Parodied: all the other characters are scared of Alice and her permanent Cheshire Cat Grin.
- Zig Zagged: Depending on the Writer, Alice smiles more than anybody else or frowns more than her friends.
- Averted: Alice doesn't smile more than any other person.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Alice, knock that stupid smile off, this is serious!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Alice gets hired for almost every commercial within the show because she can promote whatever she's selling without vomiting on her own copy.
- Defied: Alice attempts to find a cure for the rare disease causing her smile, or starts to frown as hard as possible when that fails.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "You know Alice from That Generic Show? I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be psycho. Just look at that Nightmare Face of a smile she's always wearing!"
- Played For Drama: Alice always seems to be smiling, but it's not always a nice one.
Back to Perpetual Smiler