: Doing bad things to bad people is okay.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz viciously beats up Bob's best friend Charlie, so Bob decides to beat up Evulz' right-hand man Dracone.
- Exaggerated: Emperor Evulz kills Bob's friends and family, so Bob kills every one of Evulz' servants. Thus, he is celebrated as the most virtuous hero.
- Downplayed: Emperor Evulz called Bob a "big stupid doodoo head", so Bob calls Emperor Evulz a "pants-wetting scaredy-cat".
- Justified: Bob wanted to see how Evulz would feel if someone did the same evil things he did.
- Subverted: Emperor Evulz has done evil to Bob, but before Bob could do the same to him, he decides to Turn the Other Cheek.
- Double Subverted: ...minutes later, Bob intentionally causes Evulz to get burned alive which is something he has done to innocents.
- Parodied: Evulz has committed the heinous crime of stealing a pencil from Bob's friends, so Bob decides to get even by stealing Dracone's pencil.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes doing bad things to bad people is okay and other times it isn't.
- Averted: Doing bad things to bad people is never encouraged.
- Enforced: "Let's teach our kids that it's okay to do evil things to evil people!"
- Lampshaded: "Now you know what it's like to have your friends beaten, Evulz!"
- Invoked: "Go ahead, Bob! Get even with me if it makes you feel any better!"
- Defied: "I'm not going to lower myself into getting even with Evulz. That would be following his example."
- Discussed: "How could Bob do such a thing like that to an evil person like Evulz?"
- Conversed: "Gosh, people have such a problem with Bob attacking Evulz. I've would've done the same thing if I was Bob."
Back to Pay Evil unto Evil