: A monster whose defining feature is that it spawned most of the monsters in a setting.
- Straight: An Eldritch Abomination Ich'goa is mother of several monstrous Starfish Aliens as well as several lone monsters.
- Exaggerated: Every living thing on the show is a direct descendant of Ich'goa, including humans, plants, and even Ich'goa herself.
- Downplayed: ???
- The Mother is an Organic Technology xenoforming device, trying to make a normal biosphere for its creators.
- The Mother is immortal, married to another monster, and has lots of time to give birth to monstrous young.
- Inverted: The Jackass god Aksos fathered pretty much every demigod in the setting.
- Subverted: Ich'goa is not actually related to the creatures that call her mother, the title being a purely metaphorical one for a Physical God
- Double Subverted: However, another similar creature was found that produced Ich’goa, as well as all the monster races.
- Parodied: The Mother is the world's most overbearing, interfering harpy. The reason all those monsters are attacking human civilization is to get away from her.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Everything evolve separately as it normally does.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Shub-Niggurath called; she says you'll be hearing from her lawyer."
- Invoked: A race of Sufficiently Advanced Aliens want to make monsters to fight their enemies; instead of cloning a thousand creatures, they create just one mother.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The Professor notes that the creation of several different species from one specimen is biologically impossible.
- Discussed: “Wait, so Ich’goa gave birth to ALL of the fiendish beasts we fight?... Wow. She Really Gets Around…”
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: All the monster races birthed by Ich'Goa related to eachother by genetics, and cannot breed without resulting in incestuous, deformed children. As a result, when Ich’Goa dies, entire species start to degenerate to the point of extinction.
- Played For Laughs: Ich’Goa is constantly nagging the monsters she spawned, asking them to clean their lairs, demanding tribute on mother’s day, asking them why they never write and making them wear jumpers when she's cold...
- Played For Drama: Ich’Goa is the keystone of the Evil Overlord’s army. When she falls, so does his entire war machine, and defeating her is the main goal of the Ragtag Bunch of Misfits.
Back to Mother of a Thousand Young