: Humans and Funny Animals
coexisting, but no explanation is given.
- Straight: The Five Man Band consists of human Edgar, dog Bob, lion Dave, bird Alice, and The Chick Carol.
- Exaggerated: There's humans. And anthros. And plants. And slime. And the occasional supernatural or alien creature.
- Downplayed: The Five Man Band is made up four humans, and Tommy, the anthropomorphic cat, who happens to be the only anthropomorphic animal in the entire world, but nobody takes any notice.
- Justified: The series is a What If? concerning evolution and survival of the fittest.
- Inverted: The series (with an inversion of any kind, it's rarely a video game) takes place Exty Years Ago and humans are replaced with monkeys.
- Subverted: The series is a Crisis Crossover with works that have worlds with just anthro dogs or cats.
- Double Subverted: But the heroes are Original Generation.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Only humans or only anthros appear.
- Enforced: The author is an animal lover, and wanted to make a world where humans and animals are equals.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: Bob: I've heard that there are other universes where there are only humans or only animals...
- Conversed: ???
- Reconstructed: Through generations of protests and reforms, and a history rich with conflict and violence, the animals eventually overcome their status as second rate citizens and have become equal with their human neighbors.
Back to Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!