: A character denies doing something even in front of unquestionable evidence.
- Straight: After Bob burns a bunch of crates with a flamethrower, he drops the flamethrower and denies doing it, even though the flamethrower was just in his hand.
- Exaggerated: After Bob destroys an entire house and yard with a bulldozer, he denies doing it, while he's still in the bulldozer.
- Downplayed: Bob denies burning the crates despite smelling like burnt wood. Alice sarcastically asks if he's trying on a new gasoline-and-wood-smoke-scented cologne.
- Bob is drunk and has no idea what's going on.
- Bob is a pathological liar.
- Sarcastic Confession
- Bob claims responsibility for any crime he hears about, even if there is no evidence.
- Bob says that he did do it...
- Double Subverted: When responded to with shock, Bob says he has no idea what they're talking about, either because he does these kinds of things all the time or for some other reason.
- Parodied: Bob vehemently denies burning anything even as he continues to light crates on fire.
- Zig Zagged: After Bob burns a bunch of crates with a flamethrower, he drops the flamethrower and denies doing it, however then a projector shuts off, revealing the Bob holding the flamethrower was a hologram, Alice goes to investigate the projector and finds Bob behind it with a switch labeled On and Off
- Bob straight up admits that the damage was his fault.
- Bob denies from a position where he is believable.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "I have no idea how you expect me to believe you when you have that near you."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "You know what, nevermind, yeah. It was me."
- Discussed: "No matter what people do, sometimes they don't want to admit it, even while the jig is up."
- Conversed: ???
I saw you go back to Implausible Deniability
! How can you expect me to believe your claim?