Playing With: I Call Him "Mr. Happy"
: Naming one's private parts.
- Straight: Bob calls his penis Dick
- Bob calls his penis "Vlad The Impaler."
- If Bob's penis is named Dick, then his left testicle is Jane, and his right one is Spot.
- Bob has named every part of his body.
- Bob's penis is treated as a separate character.
- Downplayed: Bob sometimes names his penis and sometimes he doesn't.
- Justified: Bob's penis has a distinct personality and it would be awkward to call it just "it".
- Bob's penis names him.
- Alternatively, Alice comes up with names for her breasts and/or vagina.
- Alice names Bob's penis.
- Subverted: Charlie asks Bob, "Have you named your penis?" Bob says, "No."
- Double Subverted: But his girlfriend gives it a nickname anyway.
- Bob has a conversation with his penis and it talks back!
- Bob calls his penis Little Prick because it constantly backtalks and he doesn't want to punch himself somewhere it would hurt so badly.
- Zig Zagged: When asked by friends, he says it hasn't really got a name. His girlfriend has a name for it, but he refuses to accept it. Then he finds out it is cool to name one's penis, and decides to adopt the name his girlfriend came up with after all.
- Averted: Bob has no name for his penis or his testicles.
- Enforced: The script writer wants Bob to say something about his dick, but he's not allowed to use "penis" or "dick" so he talks about "Little Bob."
- Lampshaded: "And my not-so-little friend, Dick..."
- Invoked: All of Bob's friends are doing it, so he thinks, I'll do it too!
- Exploited: Bob uses the nickname as a pick-up line.
- Defied: Bob thinks this is immature and refuses to do this.
- Discussed: "Why do men feel the need to name their cocks?"
- Conversed: "Hmm...Vlad the Impaler is too much...and Bob's too common...I know! How about Dick?"
- Deconstructed: This could be an Embarrassing Nickname, especially if referred to in public.
- Reconstructed: Bob keeps the nickname secret.
- Played For Laughs:
- Bob names his penis Big Dick... And clearly, it is not.
- Bob's nickname for his member is something patently ridiculous, like "The Corncob" or "The Funky Chicken."
- Played For Drama: Bob undergoes psychological therapy for believing his penis has a personality, hearing it talk and talking back. This tears all his relationships apart, causes him to lose his job, and makes for awkward conversation at dinner parties.
Back to I Call Him "Mr. Happy"