Playing With: Enfant Terrible
: An evil child.
- Straight: Bob is an evil ten-year old.
- Downplayed: Kids Are Cruel.
- Bob doesn't know how evil his actions are, because he's just a kid.
- Bob is constantly abused.
- Subverted: Bob appears to be evil, but we learn he's only pretending so that he can infiltrate an organization consisting of actual evil children.
- Double Subverted: Bob performs a Face-Heel Turn so that he can defeat Alice, the leader of said organization, and stays evil.
- Parodied: Bob goes to a camp every summer where the counselers teach the campers how to be evil.
- Zig Zagged: Bob is your average villain until he undergoes a Heel-Face Turn. He goes to a measure of goodness that rivals that of the The Hero's. In order to defeat the Big Bad, Alice, Bob must perform a Face-Heel Turn. Eventually Bob crosses the Moral Event Horizon.
- Averted: Bob isn't evil.
- Enforced: One of the writers decided to make Bob a villain because there are too many Kid Heroes in the series.
- "No matter what horrible thing I do, I will get away with it! You know why? Cuz I'm still a child and no one ever suspects children! Delicious!!"
- "You're going in time-out for fifteen to life once I get my hands on you, little boy!"
- Invoked: Alice decides to use a mind control device so that more kids can join her organization of evil children. Bob is one of these who is affected by the device.
- Exploited: See Deconstructed.
- Defied: Before he was born, Bob's more heroic father Charles did everything in his power to make sure that Bob wouldn't be born evil.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "There aren't many evil kids in real life." "Yeah, keep telling yourself that, buddy!!"
- Bob crosses the Moral Event Horizon by committing an especially heinous crime. Said crime gets on the news and all of a sudden people know Bob's evil.
- But he doesn't care and continues terrorizing everyone around him.
- Played For Laughs: All of Bob's crimes fall in the territory of Felony Misdemeanor, like, for example, stealing cookies from the cookie jar.
- Played For Drama: When the government finds out Bob's evil, they send an entire team to find him, and they have to take Bob away from his parents.
- Implied: The fact that Bob has been committing crimes for decades despite not being very old, implies that he started doing them when he was a child.
Back to Enfant Terrible