Dave: You know, you dragging me out here and getting shot at by a bunch of bad guys isnít my idea of a good time!
Dave: I was perfectly happy sitting at home watching TV, but Ďoh no, itíll be fun!í you said! I DONíT THINK ITíS FUN YET!!
Dave: I said that it would be a better idea if we volunteered at the library! But noooooo! You wanted to go babysitting! Now how are we going to clean up this mess!?
- Justified: Getting pulled out of your normal routine into a grand adventure can do this to people, so pretty much every example is justified.
- Inverted: The villain does this...
Evil Overlord: Curses! Why couldnít I just stay here and watch American Idol in peace?
- Subverted: Dave hates the journey at first, but eventually realizes heís having a more fulfilling life than before the quest began.
- Double-Subverted: ...Until the Five-Man Band is forced to deal with a million Goddamned Bats.
- Parodied: ďI WANTED TO GO BOWLING!"
- Zig-Zagged: Dave literally flip-flops between enjoying the quest and wishing heíd never tagged along in the first place.
- Averted: Everyone participates in the quest without complaint or any mention of wanting to do something else.
- Enforced: ???
Dave: Remember how I said I wanted to stay at home?
Bob: Yes, I also remember the last forty times you said it.
- Invoked: The Evil Overlord plants Dave in Bobís Five-Man Band because he knows that Dave is going to complain the whole way about how he wanted to stay at home, thereby causing discord within the group.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob asks his companions if they're absolutely sure they want to take part in the dangerous mission.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Didn't Want an Adventure