: A character's bisexuality underscores their villainous nature.
- Straight: An evil bisexual is introduced and grosses everyone out because of their proclivities towards both genders.
- Exaggerated: The villain parades around in fetish gear the entire film, nearly always with multiple men and women under their arm.
- Downplayed: A bisexual character is a bit promiscuous, morbid, and abnormal, but not outright evil.
- It has already been established in the work that Everyone Is Bi, so that includes the villains as well.
- Alternatively, the villain is a sociopathic, hedonistic, and utterly amoral trisexual — they only care about their pleasure, and not a thing about who or what is being used, willingly or not, in the process.
- The show's bisexuals are actually the least depraved of the whole cast.
- A character's bisexuality underscores their heroic nature.
- Alternatively, a character's asexuality underscores their villainous or heroic nature.
- The bisexual villain turns out to be Good All Along.
- The villain is The Vamp, and their bisexuality is an act.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: The bisexual character immediately tries to have sex with anyone who antagonizes them.
- Zig Zagged: A bisexual character appears to be a hero and a villain at different points throughout the story.
- Enforced: "This isn't a gay show. If you're using bisexuals, either make them evil if they're men, or make them Fanservice fodder if they're female".
- Lampshaded: "You're bisexual? Why am I not surprised?"
- Invoked: Characters looking for a villain who works behind the scenes consider a character's loud bisexuality a red flag.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Look, what I do in bed is one thing, what I believe is right is another".
- Discussed: "I should have known better... He/She's bisexual after all. Not a good omen in general".
- Conversed: "Why is there so few sympathetic bisexuals on TV?" "Because it's too confusing for many people".
- Deconstructed: Because everyone believes bisexuals are evil by nature, when a bisexual characer is introduced, they are shunned by everyone.
- Reconstructed: Despite their initial refusal, the good characters eventually give the bisexual character a chance.
Back to Depraved Bisexual