Playing With: Comic Sutra
Basic Trope: Very bizarre sex moves, either real or made-up.
Back to Comic Sutra
- Straight: Bob tells his girlfriend, Alice, about this new position he heard about from a friend: The Alameda Pretzel.
- Exaggerated: The position in question is the Alameda Five-Way, Double-Knot, Over The Shoulder Corkscrew Pretzel.
- Downplayed: Bob tells his girlfriend Alice about the exciting possibilty of switching who's on top.
- Justified: Well, there are some unusual sex moves and positions out there, guaranteed to cater to someone's wildest fantasies and fetishes.
- Inverted: Alice and Bob have vanilla sex in the missionary position.
- Subverted: Alice and Bob start out having relatively normal Idealized Sex...
- Double Subverted: But then Alice brings out one of her women's magazines and opens up to a page detailing a Head-Tiltingly Kinky new position or technique, saying she'd like to try it.
- Parodied: The Alameda Pretzel is not a sex move, but in fact a food item. Everyone thinks it's a sex move...or tells everyone else it is as a joke.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Alice and Bob do nothing particularly unusual in bed, nor do they make any suggestions to do so. Vanilla sex is just fine by them.
- Alice and Bob do not have sex in story, and they don't discuss it in story either.
- Enforced: Refuge in Audacity, Bow Chicka Wow Wow, Rule of Funny.
- Lampshaded: "Do I want to know what that is?"
- Invoked: Bob hears his friend bragging about using the Alameda Pretzel, is intrigued, and makes a mental note to run it by Alice after finding out more about it.
- Exploited: ???
- Bob is grossed out by just what the Alameda Pretzel entails, and does not suggest it to Alice.
- Alice is uncomfortable with the idea, and refuses to do it.
- Discussed: "What exactly is the Alameda Pretzel?"
- Conversed: "Probably something we don't want or need to know about".
- Deconstructed: Some of these techniques may not even exist, or if they do, they may not be safe. And not everyone is willing to do them.
- Reconstructed: Alice and Bob have fun experimenting, but they never go too far. If something makes one or both of them uncomfortable, or is deemed too dangerous, they won't use that particular move (assuming it even exists.)
- Played For Laughs:
- Played For Drama:
- Alice is so offended that Bob would even suggest a move like that, that she leaves him.
- Alice and Bob really hurt themselves...or wind up publicly humiliated.
Back to Comic Sutra