: The (supernatural) ability to peek into the next moment of combat, and plan accordingly.
- Straight: Ellen can dodge anything the opponents throw at her, because she can see how those attacks are going before they even begin.
- Exaggerated: ...even in the case of More Dakka, Macross Missile Massacre, or Frickin' Laser Beams.
- Downplayed: Ellen can see an attack before it happens, but can't react fast enough to do more than shout a warning.
- Ellen's psychic power allows her to see time in non-linear way.
- Ellen is a mind reader, and can peak at her opponent next move directly from his mind.
- Ellen's ability is learning from the attacks that have happened and planning for every possible next move, but not peeking into the next moment itself.
- Ellen can't see an enemy's attack before it happens, but she can see the result of her own attacks before she uses them and can use this information to perform the best attack for any situation.
- Subverted: Turns out that Ellen have the more mundane Kung-Fu Clairvoyance.
- Double Subverted: But when things gets really serious, she activates her Combat Clairvoyance. She's just that awesome.
- Parodied: Ellen use this ability to win in a TV Quiz.
- Zig Zagged: Ellen has this ability, but it's not reliable, and doesn't cover attacks she wouldn't be able to see, so it fails at dramatically appropriate moments.
- Averted: No one can mess with time in the story.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "That move is damn impossible to counter!" "I saw it going before it happened."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz can also see his enemy's attacks before they happen, and he's better at it than Ellen. When the two of them fight, he uses this power to throw Ellen off-guard by planning to use one attack before actually using another.
- Defied: Emperor Evulz mastered quantum-based martial arts to prevent his moves from being countered this way. So basically, he can choose which attack to happen in the next moment, and these are never the attack that Ellen peeked... So, yeah.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Since Ellen is such a master of dodging, she can't protect her allies when enemies start ganging on them.
- Ellen's enemy has Super Speed and thus can't dodge and counter her opponent's attacks.
- Reconstructed: Ellen's Combat Clairvoyance allow her to take the
bullet bullets dakka aimed at her allies. (Preferrably while carrying the Barrier Warrior Yoshino with her, otherwise she's toast.)
I saw you going back to Combat Clairvoyance