: A character disappears from a series with no explanation.
- Straight: Bob disappears from the series Legends of Troperia halfway through, with no mention of what became of him.
- Roughly 80% of the cast is gone by the end of the series, and none of them are ever spoken of again.
- Bob was essentially the star of the show as the Title Character. But disappeared without explanation in the second episode.
- Downplayed: Bob disappears from the series, and is finally mentioned offhand several years later.
- The actor playing Bob suddenly quit, died, or was fired under very unsavory circumstances (arrested for a drug or sex crime, has been accused of saying or doing something racist, sexist, or homophobic, asked for more money and exchanged cross words with the management) and the writers didn't have time to fully explain what happened to him or replace him with another actor.
- Bob wasn't a major character or important to the plot, so they just forgot about him.
- Executive Meddling forced Bob to be written out for whatever reason (audience complaints over not being likeable and/or Moral Guardians claiming he's a bad influence)
- Inverted: Bob shows up halfway through Legends of Troperia with no explanation of why he's there or where he came from, and is treated as if he had been there the whole time.
- Subverted: Bob disappears early on, but then he shows back up later.
- Double Subverted: Except it's not him, it's another character named Bob.
- Parodied: By the end of the series, it's down to exactly one character, but they still steadfastly refuse to address anyone's departure.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Any sudden departures are mentioned later on.
- Enforced: "Dammit, our lead actor just quit! What do we do about the character of Bob?" "Just don't mention it."
- Lampshaded: "Where'd Bob go? Remember...he used to travel with us? Why the blank stare?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Our lead actor just quit. We won't mention him again" "The viewers won't buy that! We'll establish that he had a big argument with Charlie offscreen as the reason why he no longer hangs out with the group."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Where did Bob go, and why aren't they talking about him?"
- Deconstructed: Because of Bob's disappearance, the fans of the show keep asking the cast and crew what happened to him.
- Plotted A Good Waste: Bob's departure - and the apathetic response to such - is later used as a plot point when a character calls out the hero.
Head back to Chuck Cunningham Syndrome
and we'll forget you were ever here.