: The player must defeat a series of bosses back-to-back.
- Straight: Before Bob can challenge Lord Bloodstone, he must face Drake, Skullcrusher, and Lilith in three successive rematches.
- Bob must defeat only two Bosses.
- The back-to-back bosses are all underpowered, so the rematches are less hard than the bosses' previous defeats.
- Justified: After being defeated in the past by Bob, the three lieutenants wish to exact their revenge on him.
- Inverted: Lord Bloodstone separates Bob's Five-Man Band and hunts them down one at a time. You must defeat the same boss with the unique skills of each of the five members.
- Lord Bloodstone's lieutenants arrive to challenge Bob to a rematch... only for them to be quickly occupied by Bob's other party members so that he can face Lord Bloodstone right away.
- The lieutenants arrive for a rematch, but this time they join forces and fight completely differently.
- Double Subverted:
- Bob's friends are defeated, quickly, so he must face Lord Bloodstone's lieutenants anyway.
- The lieutenants simply turned Asteroids Monster, and break up into their original selves after taking damage.
- Zig Zagged: The climax progresses as follows: the first part of Lord Bloodstone's fight, then Drake's fight, then the second part of Lord Bloodstone's fight, then a Multi-Mook Melee, then Lilith and Skullcrusher at the same time, then a brief dungeon-like encounter, then the third part of Lord Bloodstone's fight.
- Parodied: While Bob fights the first boss in the Boss Rush, the other bosses are shown waiting in line to challenge Bob.
- Averted: The game does not include a Boss Rush mode.
- Enforced: The Boss Rush is added to pad out the game and/or increase replayability.
- Lampshaded: "Oh, God, not you guys again!"
- Invoked: Lord Bloodstone revives his dead lieutenants so that he can use them against Bob once more.
- Exploited: Lord Bloodstone uses the Boss Rush to stall Bob while his Doomsday Device charges.
- Defied: Lord Bloodstone is so enraged that he attacks Bob the moment he sees him, avoiding the Boss Rush.
- Discussed: "I've reached Lord Bloodstone's fortress. All of his lieutenants swore revenge when they retreated, so I should prepare for a rematch."
- Conversed: "There's not a lot of time left in the episode but they still want to show all the villains one more time. It's going to be one battle after another before Bob gets to Lord Bloodstone."
- Deconstructed: Bob is worn out by the Boss Rush, allowing Lord Bloodstone to easily defeat him or fire his Doomsday Device.
Return to Boss Rush
, where you'll challenge my council of advisors one at a time.