Playing With: Blonde Republican Sex Kitten
A right-of-centre political party chooses an attractive spokeswoman to show that they are "regular folks."
- Straight: Alice becomes the spokeswoman for a group seeking to elect Colin Conservative for President. She is pretty, popular, and charismatic, and attracts a lot of new voters (particularly male voters).
- Exaggerated: Alice doesn't even speak; her only role is to stand there and look pretty.
- Downplayed: Alice is a right-leaning political commentator who's not affiliated with any particular candidate, although she usually puts a good word in for Republicans. She's attractive and under forty, but she has sensible, unfussy Power Hair and dresses conservatively, so her looks aren't emphasized.
- Alice is Colin's wife or girlfriend (who agrees with these issues), and she wants to be supportive and help him get elected.
- Alice does this out of free will, and she is charismatic enough to get people to listen to her.
- Alice is the one hoping to win the election, not a spokeswoman or prop for a male candidate.
- Inverted: Alice is a spokeswoman for Lewis Liberal's side, who is pretty, popular, and charismatic.
- Gender Inverted: The attractive spokesperson is Bob, who is handsome and charismatic enough to sway female voters.
- Subverted: Alice appears to be one of these, but she's actually from a third party.
- Double Subveted: Said third party candidate withdraws in favor of a republican.
- Alice is a Brainless Beauty, like, totally complete with Valley Girl speech and giggling.
- The captain of the High School football team runs for class president, and gets the head cheerleader to appear with him during his campaign.
- Alice is a mannequin or a cardboard cutout.
- The campaign ad is set up like a Glam Rap video, complete with bling and beautiful women (in Flag Bikinis) gyrating around Colin.
- Alice is completely nude while she campaigns, and every male resident of the United Provinces of Troperia votes for Colin as a result, citing Alice's naked campaign as his top reason for doing so.
- Zig Zagged: Alice supports Colin whenever he has a significant lead over Lewis in the polls, and vice versa.
- Averted: Colin does not have an attractive woman appear with or speak for him.
- Enforced: The producer has right-of-center opinions and wants the writers to respect them.
- Lampshaded: "Vote for Colin! He has a hot blonde by his side!"
- Invoked: "We need a spokesperson who is sufficiently down-to-earth to show that we're regular people, and yet attractive enough to score us votes from younger voters. You know, a Girl Next Door."
- Exploited: Alice, a visual dead ringer for her favorite TV actress who has also announced her intention to vote for Colin, makes a Kitschy Local Commercial extolling his virtues. A Tory pollster sees it on TV and realizes the party can use her to shore up their credibility with people who aren't particularly wealthy or famous.
- Alice refuses to endorse Colin when asked, deciding then either to endorse Lewis or to stay independent.
- Colin runs a strictly message-based campaign because he regards beautiful women as personally distracting.
- Discussed: "Colin is employing the Distracted by the Sexy approach on heretofore skeptical moderates ... and it seems to be working, as the latest Trope Co. poll indicates he has overtaken Lewis by 17.3 percentage points as of 45 minutes ago."
- Conversed: "It could easily have turned into the world's most didactic Author Tract, but thankfully, those writers didn't just go after targets of risible ease like Ann Coulter."
- Deconstructed: It ends up looking hypocritical for a party that believes in conservative social mores to parade a beautiful woman around as a prop, thus relying on the trope Sex Sells. Also, it distracts from the real issues, and what if the spokeswoman in question is unaware of the issues (if they chose a Brainless Beauty), and/or does not agree?
- Reconstructed: When choosing a spokesperson, said spokesperson is elected because of their talents, not their looks, and Alice is not overly pretty. Furthermore, the party gets several different people to expound on how great they are, not just Alice.
Back to Blonde Republican Sex Kitten