We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Playing With: Awful Wedded Life
: Marriage sucks.
- Straight: Alice and Bob are always bickering, and are living in a nearly Sexless Marriage.
- Alice and Bob married for the wrong reasons, and/or rushed into marriage.
- The challenges of day-to-day life and raising three kids have started to take a toll on the marriage.
- Alice and Bob have personal problems that are starting to affect their marriage.
- Alice and Bob have hit the Relationship Ceiling, but don't believe in divorce, or deny that they have problems, or whatever.
- The work is a period drama set at a time when divorce was heavily stigmatized or difficult to obtain.
- Inverted: Alice and Bob are Happily Married.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: Slap-Slap-Kiss
- Zig Zagged: Alice and Bob are married, then they start fighting and cheating and whatnot, then get divorced, then get back together. Rinse and repeat.
- Enforced: Rule of Funny
- Lampshaded: "Why did I ever want to get married, again?"
- Invoked: Alice and Bob have a Fourth Date Marriage and find incompatibilities cropping up everywhere.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice and Bob don't let that bother them, and treat each other with respect and set healthy boundaries. Their relationship improves.
- Discussed: "I heard Alice and Bob fighting again last night."
- Conversed: "I don't know why they don't just get divorced. Really, I think Charles is a better match for Alice, anyway."
- Deconstructed: Alice and Bob are unhappy, and that may affect their families. Plus, it puts a lot of stress on Alice and Bob themselves, leading to more bickering and more stress. Rinse and repeat.
- Reconstructed: Alice and Bob work through their marital problems, or get a divorce.
- Played For Drama:
Back to Awful Wedded Life