Playing With: Anti-Antichrist
Basic Trope: A character who is destined to end the world but does not want to.
Back to Anti Anti Christ
- Straight: Alice is the antichrist, but she likes humanity.
- Exaggerated: Alice the Eldritch Abomination and the Devil him/herself is practically Messianic Archetype who tries to please humanity and stops The End of the World as We Know It that she is destined to bring forth, even becoming a full-blown Christ Figure in the process.
- Downplayed: Satan mentions that Alice is destined to destroy the world... but she goes back to whatever she was doing before and it never comes up again.
- The Power of Love shows her that Humans Are Special.
- Alice has free will, and ended up being raising by caring parents.
- Alice is lazy and doesn't want to have to do all that work .
- Alice has made friends with some of the humans.
- Alice thinks that destroying humanity is utterly pointless and doesn't see anything to gain from it.
- Alice is every bit as evil as she's supposed to be, but has decided that there's enough bad in the world that it's actually in the best interests of evil to not end it.
- The Big Bad raises Alice thinking she's the Anti Christ and Alice, being an Extreme Doormat, reluctantly goes along with it, but really wants to be a normal girl.
- Alice starts out like this, but then turns evil due to a Freudian Excuse.
- Alice doesn't want to be the Anti Christ, but unwittingly serves her purpose anyway.
- Double Subverted:
- She develops a spine and Calls The Old Man Out.
- Alice eventually decides that even if the world is filled with bad things, there are also good things within it and that alone is worth denying the apocalypse for.
- Parodied: "I am Alice the Antichrist, here to save the day from Pollution!"
- Zig-zagged: "I don't want to end the world, until my favorite show ends."
- There is no Antichrist.
- Alternatively, Alice is destined to end the world and totally wants to.
- Enforced: We have to show people that you can Screw Destiny.
- Lampshaded: "So you're the Antichrist, but you're saving kittens from trees?"
- Invoked: "Don't worry, the Antichrist never likes their job."
- Exploited: "I knew you wouldn't do it, you like us too much."
- Defied: "You are going to destroy the world and like it."
- Discussed: "You don't have to destroy the world, Alice."
- Conversed: "Why did they bother making her the Antichrist?"
- Deconstructed: Alice learns You Can't Fight Fate.
- Alice studied the Exact Words of the prophecy and found that it said nothing about being unable to recreate the world afterwards. Maybe even better than it was before.
- ...and by fate, we mean cause-and-effect & that some stupid prophecy can't change her decision.
- Played For Laughs: "I don't wanna destroy the world! *throws a temper tantrum*
- Played For Drama: "Alice is at a children's hospital: "I can't hold it off forever.""
Back to Anti Anti Christ