: An army of elite fighters, all females.
- Straight: The XX Squad is a highly trained team of women (and no men).
- Exaggerated: The XX Squad makes a point of notifying the masses that they are exclusively women-only.
- Downplayed: The majority of the XX Squad's membership is female. There are a few men.
- The squad organizer has recognized that mixing men with women would run the risk of having unwanted romances get in the way, and there were more women available than men.
- There is circumstances, such as The Virus, which only affects men, and thus it is safer to organize a squad of women to fight the Big Bad or said circumstancse.
- Special Victims Unit dealing with Sex Slaves or other group that has reason to be distrustful of men.
- A female leader needs bodyguards who can go where men aren't allowed, to prevent assassins Camping a Crapper.
- The squad is, for one reason or another, forbidden from having male soldiers.
- Inverted: The XX Squad's rivals, the XY Squad, is composed of all men.
- The XX Squad announces its newest member... A man.
- One of the members is not a woman, but a dude who looks like one.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: Any men attempting to get a piece of the action are shot on sight.
- Zig Zagged:
- The XX Squad's lineup is constantly changing, and it's sometimes all-female and sometimes fairly evenly mixed.
- The squad is so secretive that even its members' genders are unknown. There are rumors that all of them are women, but others claim to have known males who were members, and nobody can be sure of the truth anymore.
- Averted: The squads are all mixtures of men and women.
- Enforced: "This show is marketed towards women, so let's have a fighting squad fully of women."
- Lampshaded: "Not one man in the squad? What do they do for fun?"
- Invoked: "Fire all the men and hire women in their place. NOW."
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The squad make sure to recruit exactly 50% men and 50% women.
- Discussed: "They're called the XX squad? Does that mean they're all women?" "That would be impractical; I doubt it."
- Conversed: "There sure are lots of women in the XX Squad." "Of course! Why else would we be watching this?"
- Deconstructed: XX Squad is deployed to a region with incredibly misogynistic insurgents. Since they do not fall in a traditional gender role, they are targeted more often than other squads, and suffer heavier casualties.
- Reconstructed: XX Squad is an elite branch of the military assigned to higher risk missions. Thus, the higher casuality rate. The squad was developed in a misogynistic area on the reasoning they would be underestimated.
- Played For Drama: XX squad is deployed domestically. Upon experienced discrimination in their own country, they become disillusioned and go rogue.
"You're only permitted to use the link back to Amazon Brigade
if you're female. Men will have to use the Main button above."note