Shall we go for a ride?
Now who doesn't love theme parks? They're some of the best places to go to for escapism, excitement, and fun.
...except when there's something in the park that will scare your pants off. And it's made worse because of the fact that here, you're not watching something scary on a TV screen as usual. Here, you're right in the middle of it.
Whether it be some ride about ghosts or the undead, Halloween park events, stuff that wasn't meant to be creepy but ended up being anyway, or even entire parks that have been left abandoned and are now rotting away, you will find all sorts of examples here.
open/close all folders
Other Theme Parks
- The Drive-In Wheel. It's a ferries wheel that has platforms you park your cars on and ride while in your car. Not recommended for anyone with a fear of heights.
- The London Dungeons, located near the London Bridge in the UK. A haunted house with the theme of London's horrific history.
- The infamous Action Park that operated from 1978 to 1996 in Vernon Township, New Jersey, known for being a real life Amusement Park of Doom. One of the nation's first water parks, it was known for having inattentive, underage employees and poorly designed, unsafe rides, including a looping water slide. By the time it was closed, six people were documented to have died directly or indirectly from rides in the park, in such brutal ways as ride cars coming off the tracks and colliding with rocks, drowning, a heart attack caused by too-cold water, and electrocution.
- Many attractions in Alton Towers theme park fall under this, including Nemesis, Hex, Thir13en, the long-forgotten Black Hole, Oblivion, the Haunted House, and of course, the Towers' newest addition... THE SMILER.
- Though not a theme park itself, Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas has a live shark exhibit not too unlike what you would find at Sea World or a big aquarium. The final room, containing the large tank the adult sharks hang out in, resembles the innards of a sunken ship. There's a plexiglass floor in the middle of the room for those who enjoy tempting fate, with a fake skeleton swimming with the sharks down there. But, perhaps you're too chicken to stand on that acrylic panel and head for the exit? Well, guess what the short path to the exit is made out of?
Abandoned Theme Parks