Nightmare Fuel / The Force Unleashed
A bio-mechanical nightmare indeed...
- Facing Starkiller's Evil Doppelgänger, who lets out quite a few animalistic screeches and yells throughout the whole fight, in the Jedi Temple. And the aftermath where Starkiller briefly hallucinates that he's become him.
Dark Apprentice: You will never escape me.
- As shown on the right, one of Starkiller's optional DLC constumes is the 'Cybernetic Reconstruction', It's description is eerily appropriate:
Description:An even more extreme version of the Sith Stalker armor, this is the Apprentice almost completely transformed into a bio-mechanical nightmare.
- In the Dark Side Ending, Emperor Palpatine turning Starkiller into a cyborg, as Starkiller screams in terror and agony. This grants the player the Sith Stalker Armour, which is described as:
Description: Sinister armor painfully grafted to the flesh and bone of it’s wearer, this suit is designed to turn dark side disciples into hideously deformed assassins feared by Jedi and Sith alike.
- The Sarlacc's stomach is inordinately creepy, starting with the masses of tentacles that reach out and fall just short of actually engulfing you.
- The second game has more examples, being Darker and Edgier.
- Starkiller explores the Dark Side Cave of Dagobah, where he encounters many other clones that are entangled by vines and eerily calling out for help.
- The first time you're on the Salvation; it's dark, you're mostly alone, and your comlink occasionally broadcasts Rebel soldiers as they're being butchered by unseen forces. They don't call them 'Terror Troopers' for nothing. The fact that you're up against the most ruthless bounty hunter in the galaxy doesn't help even if you don't end up fighting him at all.
- On Kamino, as Starkiller walks through a hallway, he's occasionally haunted by Juno and Kota's voices berating him. There's also a few surprise attacks from an illusionary Darth Vader and the cloning tanks you find along the way. The mist, creepy music, and haunting atmosphere make it all the more chilling.
- In the Dark Side Ending, Vader's true apprentice just looks at Juno's dead body with absolute contempt before moving on, even though he's also a clone of Starkiller. He was hiding there the whole time and was able to take out both Starkiller and Kota almost effortlessly.