Nightmare Fuel: Singularity
The video game:
- The Reverts and those sounds they make.
- If you look closely, you'll see that some Zeks are made out of 2 people fused together, probably the same person in 2 different timelines.
- You spend the entire game reverting tapes to hear messages. One of those tapes, for no apparent reason, suddenly causes a very short cutscene with a screaming corpse in your face. You'll hesitate to approach the next couple of tapes afterward.
- After the first time you go underwater in the game, you emerge and... are greeted by at least two dozen horribly mangled corpses of Russian soldiers, all hanging or impaled. Although on a smaller scales, scenes like this happen time and again over the course of the game; the Zeks seems intelligent enough to keep reserves of food.
- You can often find corpses of people who died when the Singularity exploded or in the aftermath, when the mutants started to swarm Katorga-12, often with notes or audiologs nearby, and you can only imagine how horr ible their deaths were. An early time echo shows the teacher of a female class telling her pupils to take refuge under their desks - back to 2010, and their little corpses are all there. Much later in the game, you can swim inside a cistern, towards a grating with a large cache of E99... and find dozens of corpses of poor souls who drowned underneath.
- The fates of anyone succumbing to the Black Rock plague, but especially Vriska Serket and John Egbert. Thanks to their God Tier immortality, they could still be killed, but it didn't count unless the death was heroic or just. Death by The Plague was neither, so they ended up dying repeatedly and being revived constantly, with the infection still intact. Then Original Universe Dave burnt their house down, with them still inside.
- The SHODAN+Dead Space events. Body Horror by the bucketload.