Nightmare Fuel: Puella Magi Kazumi Magica
Considering the size of the parent series' Nightmare Fuel page, it was only a matter of time before the spinoffs followed suit.
- In chapter 5, at the end of Airi's flashback after making a wish to become Yuuri, the scene skips forward to Airi laughing maniacally while drinking a witch's blood. The scene becomes creepier when you consider that witches used to be Puella Magi before succumbing to despair. Cannabalism, anyone?
- Made worse in chapter 14 when Satomi calls Kazumi using the other clones to regenerate her body "eating" them.
- In chapter 6, when Kazumi tries to turn Yuuri, aka Airi, back into a magical girl after she's already become a witch.
- There's also Kazumi's reaction to being implanted with an Evil Nut.
- In chapter 7, the sight of Souju Ayase's collection of dozens of Soul Gems. Knowing what Soul Gems are, that is extremely disturbing. How many of her victims are lying comatose by the side of a road somewhere?
- The reveal at the end of chapter 9 that all the girls attacked by the Pleiades are put into the "Freezer" underground.
- Chapter 11 has Kazumi forcing the Pleiades to fight familiars and a witch with magical guns (that, unfortunately, do run out of ammo) while they're still ordinary girls, and they sustain very damaging wounds in the process. Granted, it's to help them realize their will to live, but it was incredibly harsh.
- The end of chapter 12—both for Satomi casually suggesting she and Saki kill Kazumi, and for the look on her face. If there was a Love Triangle, there would be no difference between Satomi and Irisu.
- Chapter 13 reveals that Kazumi is apparently the 13th of a row of clones stuffed with witch meat. Nice.
- The chapter then ends with the rest of the Kazumi clones ominously approaching the current Kazumi as Satomi tells her its time for her to die. Beforehand, there's also Satomi who until the previous chapter had been presented as the least confrontational of the girls brainwashing Saki into going after Kazumi in a way that resembles Demonic Possession.
- In chapter 14, Kazumi is forced by Satomi to kill the other clones when Satomi possesses her body and uses the various powers of the Pleiades to slaughter them. What's worse is that the clones are still mentally aware and even ask Kazumi to kill them. Kazumi even begins to revert into a witch-like being, like the others, but she uses Niko's regeneration powers to turn her body back into a more human form before Satomi stabs her and the final clone through the chest, leaving them bleeding out on the floor.
- Chapter 18 has Saki turning into a witch under the influence of an Evil Nut. In one panel, you can see her veins bulge and pulse as she transforms. And while a giant ball with a mouth and ornate flowers on it is more scary to some than others, it doesn't take long for the thing to chomp Mirai's head off and then let the headless corpse fall to the ground - complete with a splatter of blood.
- In Chapter 19, all the newly formed witches turning on Saki's witch and ripping her body to pieces is a horrifying sight. And when the witch tries to end her own life, she bleeds with maniacal laughter.
- Juubey's body slowly tearing up as he dissolves into two Grief Seeds. The fact that he calmly states how he has no idea what's going on doesn't help either!