Like the Manga version of Puella Magi Madoka Magica
this manga is considerably more Bloodier and Gorier
but that's not the only things that will fuel nightmares from this spin-off.
- For starters that cute little girl on the cover of Vol. 1? Little Yuuma Chitose? Yeah she came from a abusive family. Her dad was pretty much never around and her mother burns her head with cigarettes (only ones we get to see probably elsewhere as well), vents her frustrations on her and generally treats her like crap which is just terrible to see (especially the look of despair and terror on poor Yuuma's face during those flashbacks) much less think about for anyone both who actually been through something like that or those who seen it happen to someone else. There's a reason why some people thought her mother's horrific death was actually not bad enough.
- it's even made worse by a reveal in Symmetry Diamond where we learn Oriko had a vision that showed if Yuma stayed with her abusive mother and never had a chance to get away from the abuse she would had DIED from it.
- Picture yourself as a fresh new magical girl out hunting a witch when suddenly another girl just ups and guts you with wicked Wolverine Claws with no explanation as to why she just spilled your guts all over the pavement. What's worse is that these magical girl killings are allowing witches of both types (the ones born from fully despaired magical girls and the matured familiars who gained their own grief seed) to expand in numbers by the time the manga starts. Kyouko had a monopoly on grief seeds (she outright states she had more than she could be expected to use for months) because she was pretty much the only one left alive to cull witches, which then leaves pretty bad implications for the Muggles left vulnerable to the actions of the witches.
- A witch manages to get the upperhand on Kyoko and rips her arms and legs off. This is the second chapter.
- Kirika's witch form is basically a faceless centipede made of armless female torsos. Eesh.