Nightmare Fuel: A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child
- The funny thing about Dream Child is that while it's not one of the most fondly remembered of the sequels, there was a large portion of the film considered so horrible and disgusting that said scenes were cut out of the subsequent VHS and DVD releases, and they still haven't been put on official releases 25 years later. Those scenes came out of Dan and Greta's respective deaths, with Dan being forcibly merged with the motorcycle he's driving, and Greta being force fed her own organs before Krueger chokes her to death. The death scenes are still in the official releases but they have content cut out of them, such as:
- More emphasis on Krueger shoving wires into Dan's body and under his skin, the fact that Dan's blood was replaced with gasoline until his remaining skin became dry and ripped away, to Dan's face being torn off and wires inserted into his skull.
- The reveal that all this time Krueger had actually been clawing out parts of Greta's stomach and intestinal tract and feeding them to her, until he basically digs his claws into her abdomen and rips out a large chunk just to show it to her.
- Literally from this line.
Freddy: Fuel injection!
- Greta's hideously swollen face in her dream, caused not just from the "food" Freddy is making her eat, but her own vomit as well.
- The opening sequence focuses on Alice experiencing what happened to Amanda Krueger when she'd been raped by the maniacs in Westin Hills. This includes a lingering shot of one inmate played by Robert Englund, who also appears briefly to torment Alice when she seemingly wakes up. This has led to speculation that this particular maniac is either Freddy's biological father, or Freddy himself. If this is indeed the latter, then it leads into the implications of him either wanting to terrify Alice, wanting to experience raping her, or wanting to experience raping his own mother.