Genghis Tron are a three-piece extreme metal band generally described as cybergrind, with many elements of other genres that are best described in the example section. They formed in 2004 and come from from Poughkeepsie, New York.
- Mookie Singerman - vocals, keyboards
- Michael Sochynsky - keyboards, drum programming
- Hamilton Jordan - guitar, bass guitar, drum programming
- Dead Mountain Mouth (2006, Crucial Blast, Lovepump United (vinyl))
- Board Up The House (2008, Relapse Records, Lovepump United (vinyl))
- Cloak of Love (2005, Crucial Blast, Lovepump United (vinyl))
- Cape of Hate (2006, Crucial Bliss)
- Triple Black Diamond (2007, Crucial Bliss)
- Board Up the House Remixes Volume 1 (2008, Temporary Residence Limited)
- Board Up the House Remixes Volume 2 (2008, Lovepump United)
- Board Up the House Remixes Volume 3 (2008, Relapse Records)
- Board Up the House Remixes Volume 4 (2008, Anticon Records)
- Board Up the House Remixes Volume 5 (2009, Crucial Blast)
- Careful with That Axe: City On A Hill starts out with screaming after the slow ambient fade-out of I Won't Come Back Alive.
- Epic Rocking: Relief (10:47 minutes). Recursion and I Won't Come Back Alive could be considered parts of one song, together they're about 8:42 minutes.
- Genre Roulette: Ambient (also ambient techno and dark ambient), dance, doom metal (including sludge metal), grindcore, hardcore techno, progressive metal, mathcore and math metal.
- Harsh Vocals
- Meaningful Name: Mookie Singerman. Depending on if you don't count harsh vocals as singing, sometimes averted.
- Metal Scream
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Generally 10. The Whips Blow Back is about 5, and the purely electronic stuff they do can't be measured on the scale.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: See Genre Roulette above.
- Screwed by the Network: Relapse did not treat them well.
- Subdued Section: Endless Teeth has a particularly out-of-place ambient techno one. This is a grindcore song. Demonstrated in this music video here.