is an electro house
artist associated with Circuit Freq Records (which is also the current record company for Julien K
, among others). As is typical of techno, their songs do not have any lyrics beyond Sampling
(sometimes by other musicians), and even then some songs contain no vocal components at all. Their music has been remixed numerous times, with remixes appearing on the albums the originals are on as well as others such as The Best of Circuit Freq Records
and Circuit Freq Records Xtras
series (which contain music from others as well).
Circuit Freq has branched out into doing some video game work, such as contributing to the soundtrack of Sonic Generations
, including collaborating with Crush 40
on a remix of the latter's song "Open Your Heart."
Circuit Freq provides examples of:
- Big Red Button: Present on the cover of Push Button Reject.
- Bowdlerise: "This Is F***ing Techno" would be more accurately called "This Is Fucking Techno" (see Punctuated! For! Emphasis!).
- Contemptible Cover: She's Not Shy has a couple French-kissing on the cover.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: "This Is F***ing Techno" (made in collaboration with Audrey Napoleon) is a techno song with a bit of profanity thrown in. In addition, Circuit Freq Records is the record company of Circuit Freq.
- Hešvy MŽtal ‹mlaut: OK, so no Circuit Freq song is metal of any kind, but the title of "ZonderzŁg" nevertheless has an umlaut.
- Precision F-Strike: Present in "This Is F***ing Techno" (though other music typically lacks profanity otherwise).
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: The Title Drop for "This Is F***ing Techno" has "This... is... fucking... techno."
- Sampling: Generally the only source of vocal audio.
- Title Drop: Happens often, such as with the sampling in "The Filth" and "Supertripper."