Music: Adam And The Ants
"I got Marco, Merrick, Terry Lee, Gary Tibbs and yours truly"Adam and the Ants were a British rock band that had two incarnations, both fronted by Adam Ant. The first ran from 1977-1980 and featured:
—"Ant Rap" from the album Prince Charming
- Matthew Ashman (guitar and backing vocals)
- David Barbarossa (drums)
- Leigh Gorman (bass guitar)
- Chris Merrick Hughes (drums / record producer)
- Terry Lee Miall (drums)
- Kevin Mooney (bass guitar)
- Marco Pirroni (guitar)
- 1990 - Antics in the Forbidden Zone
- 1994 - Antmusic: The Very Best of Adam Ant
- 1994 - B-Side Babies
- 1990 - The Very Best of Adam and the Ants
- 2006 - Stand and Deliver
- 2007 - Dandy Highwaymen (The Best of..)
- 2001 - ANTBOX
Tropes that apply to the band and their career as a whole (Note: See the individual album pages for their specific tropes)
- Dressed to Plunder: The general Ants aesthetic. Sashes, big buckled belts, long leather boots and puffy sleeved shirts.
- Grammy Award: In 1982, they received a nomination for Best New Artist.
- Greatest Hits Album: Antmusic: The Very Best of Adam Ant, The Very Best of Adam and the Ants, Dandy Highwaymen (The Best of..).
- Live Album: Adam and the Ants Live at the Marquee 1978
- Shout-Out: Happens literally several times in their songs just before a guitar solo, where Adam will call out to guitarist Marco, or say for example, "You'd better listen to Marco".
- Stage Names: Adam Ant AKA Stuart Leslie Goddard and Merrick AKA Chris Hughes
- Xtreme Kool Letterz:
- All the Ants albums have 'ADAM' written as 'AⱭAM'
- Very early in their career, mainly on singles and Dirk Wears White Sox, 'ANTS' is spelled 'ANTZ'.