Medium Awareness: The Calvinverse
aka: Swing 123 And Garfieldodies Calvinverse
From Swing 123
- From Calvin and Hobbes: The Movie:
Hobbes: Why wait till tonight?
Calvin: Hobbes the good part of the movie happens then. Do you want to RUSH through the movie?
Calvin: Good. Then we'll wait for tonight.
Calvin: You mean to tell me that I wasted a perfectly good drama scene while Camp Pine wasn't even a mile from here!
- Then there's an absolutely fourth-wall shattering exchange in Chapter 8, where Calvin and Tracer's brawl interrupts the movie. It takes quite a while, and the news guy ends up undergoing some Sanity Slippage.
- And there's this:
- Then there's the Credits Gag, which has Calvin insulting the audience.
- The introduction to Calvin and Hobbes II: Lost at Sea's bonus chapter has a bit of this.
"Welcome!" Calvin yelled. "In this bonus chapter on um... What's this place called again?"
"Fanfiction." Hobbes yawned.
"Oh yeah. ...On Fan-friction, you'll see a trailer for CALVIN AND HOBBES III: DOUBLE TROUBLE, a soundtrack for songs, and a quick preview! I hope ya like it!"
- Exaggerated in Calvin and Hobbes III: Double Trouble: Calvin manages to briefly hijack the narrative.
Susie was playing on the sidewalk with Mr Bun.
She was performing a ritual known to us only as "THE TEA PARTY".
That's not me talking by the way, Calvin slipped it in while I wasn't looking.
Calvin: But anyway, if this is a UFO, it has to have some kind of Escape Pod or something! It's in the rules!
- Then there's this:
Hobbes: It is?
Calvin: Plus this chapter would be extremely boring if we just sat in a cell all day.
Tracer: Who's Earl?Calvin: The ship captain! Didn't you know that?
- Another one:
Spiff: Not really. He wasn't called Earl until the end of the second movie.
Calvin: Now hurry up, and go! We're running out of room for this chapter!
- Even later:
- "Nothing like a bunch of drama to get the movie going, huh Hobbes?"
- "And if we'd known that trick in the first place, this movie would've been shorter."
Alternative Title(s):Swing 123 And Garfieldodies Calvinverse
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.