Green is "forward," and red is "stop." Yellow is "risky." If you dare, go forward at your own risk.Yellow is a Yaoi series written and illustrated by Makoto Tateno. Taki and Goh are two young men who work together as drug snatchers for the police. Taking only code "yellow" jobs, both the risk and the pay is high. Despite their excellent teamwork and skill at carrying out these heists, things begin to get increasingly dangerous for them when they start to find their targets dead before they reach the goods. As it turns out, Taki's dark and troubled past has come back to haunt them both.Since it is a Boys Love series, Goh naturally has far more than platonic feelings for his partner Taki, who is less than amused by Goh's advances. Initially. It's been compared to Sanami Matoh's FAKE, but is faster-paced and somewhat more explicit.
This series provides examples of:
- Circus Brat: Part of Goh's backstory.
- Erotic Dream: While under the effects of a drug, Goh has one of him and Taki having sex; it's moreso a hallucination, however.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Eventually Taki accepts he's fallen in love with Goh.
- James Bondage: Taki.
- Lady Killer In Love: Moreso "guy killer in love," despite Goh's constant flirting with others, he's head over heels for Taki.
- Loveable Sex Maniac: Goh is somewhere between this and Chivalrous Pervert.
- Metaphorgotten: A conversation over whether Taki or the women who go after him are like moths to a flame leads to an attempted kiss on Goh's part and this exchange:"What are you doing?!" "My kiss is like moth balls."
- Opposites Attract
- Seme: Goh
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Flaming gay Goh is actually the more macho of the pair, whereas the apparently straight Taki takes the sensitive guy role as he increasingly gains woobie points. Not really an inversion though as this goes along with the Seme and Uke stereotypes.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Taki.
- They Fight Crime: They help out the police by snatching drugs.
- Transsexual: Mizuki. She thinks Taki could not love her as a man, so she became a woman. It doesn't work.
- Uke: Taki
- Violently Protective Boyfriend: Goh; Taki develops into this later.
- Will They or Won't They?: Given the genre...