We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Manga: Shinyaku Ookami Ga Kuru
Shinyaku Ookami ga Kuru!
, translated as "New Testament Wolf is Coming", is a manga by Nanto Hanamaru revolving around the life of four characters:
- Sirius Wage/Claus◊: The male protagonist, a consistently poor werewolf and vampire slayer working for the KIRCHE Monster Extermination Department. Unlike other werewolfs, who are created and controlled by a vampire, he has no creator, thus being the only one of his kind that can resist all the 13 vampires.
- Beatrice Sophia Midhat/Beate◊: The female protagonist, she became the sponsor of Sirius' department after being saved by him. It's later revealed that she's the key to Fidelio's ressurection and powers.
- Boss/Steinbock◊: Sirius' boss, and his battle partner.
- Fidelio von Kröcher◊: The 13th Vampire who was revived because of Beatrice's blood. His goal is to kill the other 12 vampires, who are planning to do the same to him. Now a frenemy of the KIRCHE Monster Extermination Department.
The story starts with Sirius and Boss being dispatched by KIRCHE to investigate a strange phenomenon ocurring in Northern Bayern, Germany. He rescues Beatrice, who was being attacked by ghouls in an old manor; as they attempt to leave, the appearence of the 13th Vampire, considered just a rumor in the monster world, stops them from leaving.
Shinyaku Ookami ga Kuru! provide examples of:
- Abandoned Hospital: In chapter 9, Sirius and Co. go investigate one after reports that it is haunted by ghosts.
- Action Girl: Aquaria. Well, more like Action Robot.
- Alternate Universe: Happens after Beatrice chooses a future in which Sirius and her can be together. In the alternate universe seen in the last chapter, Aquaria is a famous (totally human now) singer; Charlotte's parents are alive; Martin works in a travel agency; Mr. Boss married Laura; Fidelio was just the lord of Crowennest Castle and passed away; Natalie is Beatrice's friend, who's still obsessed with the Occult. And finally, Sirius is just a normal teenager. All of this solely because none of the twelve vampires exist.
- Fidelio von Kröcher, the 13th Vampire also applies to this trope.
- Battle Butler: Martin Dressler, Beatrice's Butler, is shown to be quite skilled with a blade. Not enough to defeat Sirius, but even said werewolf says he's skilled for a human.
- Bodyguard Crush: Beatrice seems to have developed a crush on Sirius after he saved her in the two first chapters. And seeing as Sirius is protective of and constantly blushing around her, it seems said crush is reciprocated.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Mr. Boss. He proves why he's a human and still in the Monster Extermination Department at the second chapter, when he saves Sirius from an attack by Fidelio.
- Deal with the Devil: Beatrice's grandfather made one with the Fidelio's predecessor, getting the gift of alchemy in exchange for his wife's soul, which would be reborn in his granddaughter.
- Everybody Lives: Seeing as Aquaria, Boss and even Fidelio died in the span of two chapters, you'd think the series was turning into a Anyone Can Die, but then Beatrice chooses the future and everybody is alive (well, except Fidelio, but that's because he was old even in the original universe).
- Friendly Enemy: Fidelio. Sirius and Mr. Boss don't even attack him anymore, and Sirius even helped Fidelio by killing Markus, one of the 12th Vampires (and one of his higher-ups in KIRCHE), even though it was actually to save Beatrice.
- Happy Ending: Sirius and Beatrice meet in an Alternate Universe and finally get together, now without the interference of vampires and other supernatural things.
- Heroic Sacrifice: By Aquaria in chapter 93. In order for Sirius and the rest of his group to reach Beatrice and her kidnapper, she had to sing in a voice which couldn't be heard by normal humans because of its pitch, which lead to space peeling off and her going with it.
- Also by Fidelio, in chapter 39. He tells Sirius to kill him so he can take care of the past, and Beatrice can choose the future.
- Hidden Depths: Sirius. In the first chapters it seems like he's just a vampire slayer trying to do his job, but later it's revealed how he's ashamed of being a werewolf since it's actually the reason why he was banished from the orphanage he lived in.
- Holding Hands: Beatrice grabs Sirius's hand early in the series, but it's only a real show of affection in the last chapter when they get together.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Every chapter is named for a song from Rammstein.
- Official Couple: Sirius and Beatrice. See the Ship Tease exemple.
- "Open!" Says Me: In chapter 9, Sirius does a mix of this and Bullethole Door. He shoots the point where the two doors connect four times and only then he kicks the said doors open. It's actually kind of ironic, because he frequently says he doesn't like to waste bullets.
- Reluctant Monster: Applies to Sirius. He knows he's a werewolf, but he's very ashamed of being one and avoids shape-shifting into a wolf, only doing so when it's necessary.
- Ship Tease: A lot of it◊, mainly between Sirius and Beatrice. Started with Beate kissing Sirius on the cheek in the second chapter, and since then there has been a lot more. To the point where Sirius managed to absorb a Sonnenkraft from Markus, one of the 12th vampires, solely because Beatrice wished to become Sirius's strength, and for him to be saved.
- Tears of Joy: Many times by Beatrice. Most notable occasion though was at the last chapter, when she finally meets Sirius in the alternate universe.
- The Gunslinger: Sirius is a mix of Type C and Type D. He uses two pistols at once and has a lot of flashy moves when shooting, but there are quite a few times in which he pulls his pistols out instantly and shoots ghouls in the head.
- Variable-Length Chain: The ones which connect Sirius's pistols to his... pants. When said guns are in their holsters, the chains look really small. But when Sirius whips them out? This happens◊.
- Wolves Always Howl at the Moon: Averted. In all the times Sirius turned into a wolf, he never howled at the moon once.