Kidō Senshi Gundam-san (Mobile Suit Gundam-san) is an Ongoing Yonkoma series featuring Amuro, Lalah, Char, and other characters from the first Gundam series... But probably not quite as you remember them. Written and illustrated by Hideki Owada (of Gundam Sousei and The Legend of Koizumi fame), you may never watch Mobile Suit Gundam the same way again.An anime adaptation of the series is set to air July 6, 2014.Needs Wiki Magic Love.
This series provides examples of:
- Butt Monkey: Garma, whenever he got betrayed by Char for whatever reason he quoted his catchphrase over and over again until he becomes a Cry Cute.Garma: "Char, you double crossed me!"
- Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder: Sayla and Lalah get saddled with this with having to deal with Amuro and Char respectively.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Poor Captain Zaku.
- Gag Series
- Henpecked Husband: Char, all the way.
- Lighter and Softer
- Mood Whiplash: Garma of the Space Island runs on this trope.
- Not So Above It All: Sayla is usually the unwilling recipient of Amuro's perversion. A later gag then reveals that she actually gets slapping Kai around.
- Power Perversion Potential: Newtype abilities + Puberty = Amuro...
- Running Gags:
- Took a Level in Badass: Captain Zaku. Originally a bumbling idiot Ensign Newbie looked down upon by his subordinates, he gets reassigned to Jaburo and comes back covered in scars, wielding three bazookas tied together into a single weapon and a heat hawk bigger than himself, going on to solo the Gundam and force it to retreat. On the other hand, he's still as bumbling as before.
- Uncatty Resemblance: Vol. 2 introduces "Comet Chick", bearing a certain disposition. Bonus points for being red.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Played with by Amuro, at first he hesitated to shoot down a Zaku because he assumed the pilot was a girl, as soon as he saw the incredibly vulgar kill count markers on the Zaku's head, he made sure the pilot was a man and shot him guilt free.