Flower of Carnage: Fist of the North Star Jagi Side-Story
(translated as Gokuaku no Hana - Hokuto no Ken Jagi Gaiden) is a two-volume manga series written by Sin-ichi Hiromoto which centers around Jagi, one of the Four Hokuto Brothers starting from his childhood growing up under Ryuken and the race to become the successor to Hokuto Shinken.
The manga has examples of:
- All of the Other Reindeer: Jagi is this to his brothers.
- Aloof Big Brother: Raoh, in top form as always
- An Arm and a Leg: Boss looses his arm in the aftermath of the nuclear war when Anna is kidnapped.
- Badass Biker: Jagi was this before and after the war.
- Badass Cape: Raoh was rocking these before the war.
- Berserk Button: As you know, Jagi has four which he is known for. You can add two more to the list.
- Insult Ryuken when he is within hearing range as a kid? He'll kick your ass.
- Kidnap Anna and attempt to rape her? He'll kick your ass six ways to Sunday.
- Rape his girlfriend to death and then gloat about it? You're dead.
- Anything involving a "little brother?" You're dead.
- Calling him by his real name whilst out dirtying Kenshiro's good name? Yeah, you're dead.
- Reel in horror upon seeing his disfigured face? You are so dead.
- Boom, Headshot: Jagi blows one guy's head off when he did not call him "Lord Kenshiro."
- Cain and Abel: Jagi did not like Kenshiro from the start.
- Catchphrase: The one Jagi is known for: "Say my name!"
- Chekhov's Gun: Ryuken teaching Jagi the Hokuto Rankan Geki (North Star Arhat Attack)
- Chekhov's Gunman: Anna telling Kenshiro to stop holding back. Even after killing Jagi, he remembers her words.
- Combat Pragmatist: It's Jagi, who'd you expect?
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Anna. Dear God, Anna.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Anna dies in Kenshiro's arms, thinking that he was Jagi. Jagi does not take this well.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Adopted Fathers: Jagi to Ryuken, until their falling out in regards to Kenshiro being named successor to Hokuto Shinken.
- Everyone Calls Him Boss There is no name given to the leader of the biker gang that Jagi hangs with, so everyone calls him Boss.
- Eye Scream: Shuu giving up his eyesight in exchange for Kenshiro's life.
- Famous Last Words:
Jagi: You're...ANNA! Anna, save me, please! I'm begging you! Tell meee...please, tell me...where did I go wrong?!
- Foreshadowing: Anna can see the Death Omen Star. Anyone who is familiar with the series knows that this will not end well for her.
- Just Before the End
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: What does Jagi do when challenged to a duel? Blast a gaping hole in the guy with his shotgun.
- The Lost Lenore: Anna to Jagi
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": The Mooks who raped Anna get this before Jagi rips into them with the Hokuto Senju Satsu.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: A staple to anyone learning Hokuto Shinken.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Yeah, seriously.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Anna rips Kenshiro a new one, which prods the latter into not holding back against Jagi.
- Villain Protagonist: Jagi is the star of the manga.
- You Are Already Dead: Jagi says this verbatim to the gang who raped Anna to death. Suffice to say, it's probably the only time you were rooting for him.
- Your Head Asplode