- Both Sides Have a Point: When this is the case, it'll be an exercise for the audience to pick one side.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Character who are bizarre and estranged can surprise others with their valid points.
- Dumbass Has a Point: the usual obtuseness of that person makes the point unexpected.
- The Extremist Was Right: overlaps with Villain Has a Point, taking care of the Anti-Villain side of things, specifically, the rare occasions where they're actually successful in achieving good.
- Hypocrite Has a Point: A character judges someone else for doing something they're also guilty of, but that doesn't mean they're wrong about the person they're judging.
- The Idealist Was Right: Character who is scoffed at for being naive ends up having the best solution.
- Jerkass Has a Point: while this individual could phrase their assertions in less offensive ways, said assertions are actually accurate.
- Kid Has a Point: Children are usually ignorant, inexperienced, and impulsive, and it's all the more surprising when they blurt out something that's an actually useful insight.
- No Mere Windmill: A character says something seemingly harmless is actually a threat, and they are proven right.
- Properly Paranoid: A character's paranoia is true.
- Strawman Has a Point: the fictional opposition to the author's ideology has some actual good arguments. The logical extreme of this, when intentional, is the Iron Man, which, while still a puppet, is as tough and hard to defeat as the author could make it.
- Villain Has a Point: the essential component of any good Break Them by Talking or Trolling tactics (when there's something wrong about what the heroes do), it is also vital to the Anti-Villain and all sorts of extremists (when there's something right about what the villain does).
This Index Has A Point
Sometimes even the most unlikeliest of characters may make valid arguments or comments about something. They can on occasion invoke a Not So Different speech when the point they're making is about how similar they and another character are to each other. Related to Cassandra Truth and Ignored Expert.