"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side, little orc."This index is neither good nor evil and it is willing to never choose any side but its own (maybe it will, maybe it won't). Here's an index about neutrality. Contrast Goodness Tropes and Evil Tropes.
— Treebeard, The Lord of the Rings
- Above Good and Evil: Character does their own thing without regard for good or evil.
- Adopt the Dog: Morally ambiguous character performs a good deed.
- Apathetic Citizens: The townspeople refuse to get involved in affairs that don't concern them.
- Awakening the Sleeping Giant: Neutrality doesn't prevent this character from lashing out at those who antagonize them.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Type of morality that lacks a grasp of good and evil.
- Bystander Syndrome: Character refusing to get involved in a crisis that doesn't concern him.
- Chaotic Neutral: Character who is not only neutral but also rebellious and quite selfish.
- Default to Good: A neutral character decides to side with the good guys when it comes down to it.
- Grey and Gray Morality: Nobody in this conflict is completely good or completely evil.
- Hazy Feel Turn
- Heroic Neutral
- Morality Kitchen Sink
- Neutrality Backlash: A character refusing to choose a side rallies both sides against them.
- Neutrality Sue
- Neutral No Longer: A neutral character chooses a side either good or evil.
- No Points for Neutrality: Neutral character receives nothing due to being on nobody's side.
- Not Always Evil
- Not in This for Your Revolution
- Omnicidal Neutral: Neutrality allows a character to Kill 'em All.
- Playing Both Sides
- Running Both Sides
- Stupid Neutral: When neutrality makes a character do stupid things.
- Team Switzerland
- True Neutral
- Wild Card: Character who is inconsistent with their moral alignment.
- With Us or Against Us: Treating neutrality as at least as bad as choosing evil.