open/close all folders
- Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura constantly eats sweets despite the fact that he not only doesn't need to eat but is also just barely larger than the utensils. This has caused problems on several occasions, including briefly living in another house after getting drunk off chocolates that contain brandy, giving random answers on Sakura's math homework sheets to get it out of the way so she'll buy him pastries and, of course, being fed by Sakura for over a year for his own amusement.
- On the other hand, Spinel also enjoys sweet things, but only after eating them when he is put in a state of alcohol-free drunkenness.
- Tamama from Sgt. Frog has rarely, if ever, been shown eating normal food, yet almost always has a bag of some sweet or snack food on hand. While it hasn't really presented any problems to his partner, Momoka, at one point Keroro has to take responsibilty for Tamama trying to eat a giant candy house on a television set.
- Bokkun from Sonic X at one point goes against his instructions and helps the heroes twice, with the promise of getting apple pie and strawberry cake as a reward for his efforts. More than a bit odd considering that he's a robot, but there you go.
- Mirumo from Mirumo De Pon is supposed to be helping Kaede find love, but spends most of his time dodging his fiancee and eating chocolate. At one point Kaede is even put in crisis when she eats a piece of chocolate that was made to poison Mirumo in order to save him.
- Sugar from A Little Snow Fairy Sugar has to have at least one waffle every day.
- Tony Tony Chopper from One Piece is known in-universe for his love of sweets, earning the epithet "Cotton Candy Lover"
- Honey From Ouran High School Host Club is arguably the mascot of the series and is shown eating large amounts of cake in each episode. In one episode, he even goes through withdrawal symptoms after getting a cavity and not being allowed to eat cake until the cavity is fixed.
- Jibanyan from Yo-kai Watch loves to eat chocobars, so much that the future-robot version of himself, Robonyan, has a on-board factory in his body.
Live Action Television
- Farscape: Rygel is small and mascot-like and he does have a SERIOUS sugar addiction.
Rygel: Crichton! How illegal is this dren? You gotta get me more! I don't care what it costs!
- The title character of Kumappuri enjoys pudding to the point that it is a part of the series' theme items.
- Team Pet Kiki the ferret from Sluggy Freelance loves sugar almost as much as shiny things. When she gets her paws on sugar in large quantities or very concentrated form, she gets incredibly, hyperkinetically active. Riff weaponizes this at times by giving her pixie sticks, after which she tends to leave Kiki-shaped holes in walls or anything else that gets in her way.
- Fawn from Bardsworth comically displayed a sugar addiction after being fed a Pixie Stix.