See also: Early Films
, Films of the 1930s
- He also starred in several feature comedies, including
- Ditto Charlie Chaplin. Chaplin started to work at a slower pace in the 1920s, but he still starred in three feature films:
- and his last three comedic shorts:
- Harold Lloyd was more prolific than Chaplin and more popular than Keaton. His features from this decade include:
- The Nibelungs (Die Nibelungen) — Two-part film adaptation of the mediæval German epic, Das Nibelungenlied (on which Richard Wagner's Ring opera cycle was also partly based): Siegfried , in which zillions of Fantasy tropes are seen on film for the first time, and the grimmer and more realistic Kriemhild's Revenge (Kriemhilds Rache).
- Napoleon — An epic five 1/2 hour drama about the rise of Napoleon Bonaparte. Might never be seen in its intact form again thanks to Executive Meddling.
Other 1920s film series
- Wings — A World War One film, and the first film to win Best Picture at the Oscars.