open/close all folders
- Elementals Of Harmony: Two chapters in Sideboard of Harmony, “How Pinkie Got Her Cutie Mark” and “Fiat Harmonia”, focus on how Pinkie created Equestria’s plane, Ungula, to fulfill a Stable Time Loop and ensure her own existence, incarnating entropy in the form of Discord to prevent Ungula from being destroyed by uncontrolled entropy like other Planeswalker-made planes usually are, with Faust coming into being as incarnate order due to Ungula’s nature seeking balance. Eventually, Faust made a pink sun for variety’s sake, a moon to balance it, and a planet to have somewhere to rest on, with Discord accidentally popping the sun and moon, hatching Celestia and Luna and creating the actual Sun and Moon. They then go on to create the landscape, life and ponies. In doing so, Faust overexerts herself, going into hibernation and transforming into the Elements, causing Discord to grow more and more mentally unbalanced and leading into canon history.
- The God Empress of Ponykind: The early chapters of the story focus on the Emperor/Celestia, stranded on a barren, molten world, using her powers and science to terraform it and seed it with increasingly complex life over millions of years, before creating Luna and eventually ponykind.
- The Pony POV Series:
- It's explained on a few occasions, but the basic story is that the Four Elders and their children (the Alicorns and Draconequi) crafted the universe, with the Alicorns setting up the Big Bang and it being implied Destruction set it off. Celestia was annoyed it'd take a long time for life to evolve. The individual deities apparently created various species at some point after that. This is also a circular process that has happened over and over: the universe lives out its lifespan, beings in it moving on to their afterlives, until finally Heat Death happens, at which point Entropy devours the dead universe to make room for a new one, which the Elders take the time between to set up the foundations for the next universe.
- "The Rise of Tirek", Tirek's Origin Story, is basically this for the world as ponies know it, as Tirek destroyed the Centaur civilization and drove them to extinction, after which the ponies were uplifted by the Rainbows of Light and Darkness, leading to the present civilization.
- TRON: Legacy is very much about Flynn and Clu building a world together. This is ancient history when the story begins, but the flashbacks are frequent.
- The Last Question, a short story by Isaac Asimov, revolves around the question of rejuvenating and ultimately recreating the universe.
- The Bible begins with God creating the heavens and the earth.
- The Magician's Nephew, The sixth book of The Chronicles of Narnia (in writing order — chronologically it's the first) has almost the entire cast witnessing as Aslan creates the titular world.
- The first chapter in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion is Ainulindale (The Music of the Ainur), the story of the creation of Middle-Earth.
- In Eric, the main characters are magically thrown back in time and meet the Creator as he's making the Discworld. ... and accidentally take part.
- Lucifer (2016): Lucifer tells his therapist how the universe was created, couched in terms she'll understand. Apparently the actual Big Bang was caused by God and Lucifer's mother having sex ("You never knew how appropriate that term was, did you?"), and then they built a house called Heaven and filled it with their children, the angels. Then their father started spending all his time in the garage working on a project called "humanity," while their mother became cold and emotionally distant. Lucifer got in an argument with his father and got kicked out of the house, and then a few thousand years later his mother got thrown out as well.
- Titan A.E. ends with the heroes using the Titan to create a new world, a home planet for mankind to replace the one they lost in the Downer Beginning.
- Pinkie Pie's story of how she got her cutie mark, in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic's twenty-third episode, parodies this trope upon its conclusion.