Probably one of the best known examples. Awwwwwwwwwwww.
How do you make an animal instantly cute and endearing? Have it being followed by babies. Usually these babies are miniature versions of the parent. Sometimes there's a runt at the end
One can make any kind of predator into a monster by targeting either the parent or one of the children, but a subversion is to give said predator babies of its own
Don't you dare get in between the mother and her children
open/close all folders
Live Action TV
- Every creature in Spore.
- The Blooper Nanny in Super Mario Bros. 3.
- The Huffin' Puffins, a species of duck-like critters in Yoshi's Island, are generally followed by a line of smaller ones. You can bump off the parent and use the children as egg substitutes.
- World of Warcraft has a Plainstrider (a large flightless bird) named Mazzranache, who's followed around in Mulgore by three little ones that look like him.
- In Pikmin 2, Spotty Bulbears may be followed by Dwarf Spotty Bulbears. This isn't cute at all and only serves to make a Demonic Spider even more demonic. Bulbmin may also have smaller Bulbmin, but fortunately, you can get them to your side if you defeat the parent.
- In Sluggy Freelance, the psychological effect of ducklings following their mother is so strong that they are used as an emergency barrier during a car chase. Even the bad guys treat them like they are a completely impenetrable wall and make no attempt to continue the chase once they are cut off.