Literature / The Tale of Two Bad Mice
The Tale of Two Bad Mice
is one of Beatrix Potter
's early works. In it, a pair of mice explore a dollhouse while the occupants
are out and wind up trashing the place.
This book provides examples of:
- Children Are Innocent: The girl who owns the dollhouse decides to prevent further mouse break-ins by getting a policeman doll.
- Civilized Animal: Tom Thumb and Hunca Munca.
- Dull Surprise: Jane. She's a doll after all, so it's not like she can move her face.
- Living Toys: Lucinda and Jane.
- Unholy Matrimony: The two bad mice in the title are also a married couple.
- Women Are Wiser: While Tom Thumb indulges in aimless vandalism, his wife ransacks the house for things that would actually be useful to them.