Literature: The Tale of Benjamin Bunny
A sequel of sorts to The Tale of Peter Rabbit
, this story is about Peter's cousin Benjamin and how he talked Peter into going back to Mr. McGregor's garden
to retrieve Peter's clothes, and maybe swipe some vegetables on the way. Naturally, all does not go as planned.
This book provides examples of:
- Badass: "Old Mr. Bunny had no opinion whatever of cats."
- Corporal Punishment: Mr. Bunny whips Benjamin and Peter with a switch when he finds them in McGregor's garden.
- The Drag-Along: Peter
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: Mr. Bunny smokes a fatherly pipe.
- Papa Wolf: Mr. Bunny beats up a cat in order to rescue his son and nephew.
- Properly Paranoid: Peter is understandably very jumpy during the whole time they're in the garden.
- Stripping The Scarecrow: Benjamin and Peter steal the clothes from Farmer McGregor's scarecrow (although technically they are retrieving the clothes Peter lost during his previous adventure).
- Too Dumb to Live: Yeah, let's go back to the place where Peter almost got killed. That sounds like a good idea.