Literature: Tale Of The Weary
A story by Murky Muse created purely for the funny. Found here.Come now and listen to the Muse sing. Sing a song of tattered travelers, heroic and crude. A huntsman with a curse, a knightly prince, a sorceress who may not be sane, and a dragon who would prefer to eat them all; this is their tale, the Tale of the Weary.An Affectionate Parody on the Heroic Fantasy genre. The story follows four characters seeking the cure to a curse.
- Forest, a huntsman with a curse. Can be either The Hero or The Lancer depending on point of view.
- Prince Carloman Leopold Michael of Mercia, The Knighted and Titled Protector of the Peoples.
- Mist, a gifted sorceress who is also very unique.
- Pyrrhus, a dragon who is only helping the group because his grandfather told him to.
- Blind Seer: Played with- Sibyl is deaf.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Carloman
- Damsel in Distress: Subverted- the damsel had stolen from the dragon.
- The Fair Folk
- Fourth Wall Observer: Sibyl and Mist
- Fractured Fairy Tale
- Functional Magic
- Narrator: The writer acts as an narrator.
- Interactive Narrator: Only with Mist.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Forest
- Shout-Out: From Homer to Firefly
- Shrouded in Myth: Mist
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: The dragons can shift into a human form.
- You All Meet in an Inn: At least Carloman and Forest do. Mist also made an cameo, but didn't officially meet them until later.