Tropers: Murky Muse
Murky Muse, here. I generally lurk around, and besides a few random examples I haven't contributed much (I did write most of The Dark Side). My Troper Wall can be found here. Also please ignore my sockpuppet...I mean, Evil Counterpart: Lorelei the Witch. She's kind of...unstable. My main obsessions consist of (in no particular order):
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- The Dresden Files
- Fullmetal Alchemist (specifically the manga and Brotherhood)
- Harvest Moon
- Heralds of Valdemar
- The Order of the Stick
- Princess Tutu
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Rise of the Guardians
- Akatsuki no Yona
open/close all folders
Tropes Associated With Me:
- Afraid of Needles
- Alliterative Name: Obviously my handle. Also my real name.
- American Accents: My dixie accent is more noticeable than I thought, according to other tropers.
- Beware the Quiet Ones / Beware the Nice Ones: I can count the number of times I've been truly angry on one hand. One involved giving "The Reason You Suck" Speech (at a very inappropriate time at that).
- Big Eater: I go through phases of eating everything in sight or barely eating at all.
- Forgets to Eat: When I'm in a barely eat enough to survive phase. Or if I get really into reading a book.
- Brainy Brunette
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: I can't keep a tan, no matter how much time I regularly spend in the sun.
- Brilliant but Lazy: I'm certainly no genius, but I am slightly above average. And I have horrid study habits/self-disciple to get things done.
- Brutal Honesty: Known for this in real life.
- Club President: Surprisingly became this in college, though it obviously didn't fit the Japanese idea of club president.
- Cool Cat: My family's now deceased cat according to El Rigo (see quotes)
- Elemental Eye Colors: The person with a life-long obsession with the ocean has Blue Eyes.
- Femme Fatalons: People have said I have "witch hands" due to my naturally long nails (which most people can only get with fake nails and regular manicures).
- For Science!: "Most people go to the beach for vacation, we go to the beach for science!"
- Gender-Blender Name: My first name is unisex.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: For as long as I can remember I've been labeled as the "smart one" of my family and often described as "smart" or "intelligent" by many teachers/acquaintances. This has given me a bit of an ego, but also an at times crippling fear that I'm not near as intelligent as everyone seems to think.
- Manipulative Bitch: Been seriously accused of this. There might be some truth in it.
- Myers-Briggs: I'm an INTJ, aka a Mastermind. [insert Evil Laugh]
- Neutral Good: According to various alignment tests. Probably about right.
- No Sense of Direction: I once got lost on a straight road...Okay, there's more to it than that, but still: a freaking straight road.
- Not a Morning Person: I have no problem getting up at the first ring of my alarm, but I'm pretty much on auto-pilot. And grumpy about it.
- Older Than They Look: In my twenties but regularly get mistaken for about sixteen.
- The Quiet One
- She Cleans Up Nicely: I got to pull this off a time or two.
- Somewhere, A Marine Biologist Is Crying
- The Stoic
- Not So Stoic: Past few years I've slowly become less stoic. I like to think of it as character development in being more secure about showing emotion.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Super OCD: Don't actually have the disorder, but I do often act how the trope describes. Justified by my career choice.
- I have a funny story about this. Once I was proctoring a test for a non-major biology class. As the students turned in their sheets, I noticed they were letting the stack go all over the place. I thought it strange since in all my (science) classes every few of us would straighten the stack. Then I realized it was an odd representative of where the OCD science major stereotype came from.
- True Companions: How I view my friends.
- Washington Gambit: What I consider my personal CMoA in highschool consists of putting nightcrawlers into the lockers of those that rolled my house a few days before, which caused mass chaos and sent the teachers on a headhunt. I pulled a Sarcastic Confession to a classmate who joking guessed I did it before actually confessing to the principal. Not only was I not punished, the teachers congradulated me.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Not so obvious now that I'm in my twenties, but as a kid and teenager my mother referred to me as having an "old soul" and acting a few years above my actual age.
Things people have said on the forums that stood out and/or amused me. Dhana Ragnarok:
"And yup, you're totally worth killing for. I mean- I would murder without any peculiar reason, anyway, but it would be nice to know it somewhat helped you. By the way, if you have a list of people you want...silenced..."El Rigo about my family's pet:
"Bob the cat is a Total Badass. He messes with deadly snakes for FUN, and has a lover in every block. He is a man's cat, the cat every kitten aspires to be when it mews for the first time. It is actually said his mother was a tiger and his father a very brave cat."Dopants:
"-Starts a [Murky Muse] fanclub-"porschelemans's reply when asked if I "look like a doctor" in the Ask The Next Poster A Question forum game:
"Yeah. You look like you might be Matt Smith's replacement!"