Murky Muse, here
. I generally lurk around, and besides a few random examples I haven't contributed much (I did write most of The Dark Side
). I am probably most known for acting as a Magical Girl
and being the "Token Responsible (somewhat)
Adult" of the Troper Shipping and Troper Dating Service thread.
My Troper Wall can be found here.
Also please ignore my sockpuppet...I mean, Evil Counterpart
: Lorelei the Witch
. She's kind of...unstable.
My main obsessions consist of (in no particular order):
open/close all folders
Tropes Associated With Me:
- Afraid of Needles
- Alliterative Name: Obviously my handle. Also my real name.
- American Accents: My dixie accent is more noticeable than I thought, according to other tropers.
- Beware the Quiet Ones / Beware the Nice Ones: I can count the number of times I've been truly angry on one hand. One involved giving "The Reason You Suck" Speech (at a very inappropriate time at that).
- Big Eater: I go through phases of eating everything in sight or barely eating at all.
- Forgets to Eat: When I'm in a barely eat enough to survive phase. Or if I get really into reading a book.
- Brainy Brunette
- Brilliant but Lazy: I'm certainly no genius, but I am slightly above average. And I have horrid study habits/self-disciple to get things done.
- Brutal Honesty: Known for this in real life.
- Club President: Surprisingly became this in college, though it obviously didn't fit the Japanese idea of club president.
- Cool Cat: My cat according to El Rigo (see quotes)
- Cuddle Bug: Not usually, but I become one whenever I'm sick. For some reason no one wants to cuddle with me when I want to cuddle.
- Elemental Eye Colors: The person with a life-long obsession with the ocean has Blue Eyes.
- Femme Fatalons: People have said I have "witch hands" due to my naturally long nails (which most people can only get with fake nails and regular manicures).
- For Science!: "Most people go to the beach for vacation, we go to the beach for science!"
- Gender-Blender Name: My first name is unisex.
- Girliness Upgrade: As a kid I was very much a Tomboy. In college I started to dress "girly-er".
- Hot Scientist: I am a graduate student working on my masters in marine science. I've also been told I'm fairly attractive. Well, more cute/adorable than hot/sexy.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: For as long as I can remember I've been labeled as the "smart one" of my family and often described as "smart" or "intelligent" by many teachers/acquaintances. This has given me a bit of an ego, but also an at times crippling fear that I'm not near as intelligent as everyone seems to think.
- Manipulative Bitch: Been seriously accused of this. There might be some truth in it.
- Myers-Briggs: I'm an INTJ, aka a Mastermind. [insert Evil Laugh]
- Neutral Good: According to various alignment tests. Probably about right.
- No Sense of Direction: I once got lost on a straight road...Okay, there's more to it than that, but still: a freaking straight road.
- Not a Morning Person: I have no problem getting up at the first ring of my alarm, but I'm pretty much on auto-pilot. And grumpy about it.
- Older Than They Look: In my twenties but regularly get mistaken for about sixteen.
- The Quiet One
- Relationship Upgrade: Dating terlwyth
- She Cleans Up Nicely: I got to pull this off a time or two.
- Somewhere, A Marine Biologist Is Crying
- The Stoic
- Not So Stoic: Past few years I've slowly become less stoic. I like to think of it as character development in being more secure about showing emotion.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Super OCD: Don't actually have the disorder, but I do often act how the trope describes. Justified by my career choice.
- I have a funny story about this. Once I was proctoring a test for a non-major biology class. As the students turned in their sheets, I noticed they were letting the stack go all over the place. I thought it strange since in all my (science) classes every few of us would straighten the stack. Then I realized it was an odd representative of where the OCD science major stereotype came from.
- True Companions: How I view my friends.
- Washington Gambit: What I consider my personal CMoA in highschool consists of putting nightcrawlers into the lockers of those that rolled my house a few days before, which caused mass chaos and sent the teachers on a headhunt. I pulled a Sarcastic Confession to a classmate who joking guessed I did it before actually confessing to the principal. Not only was I not punished, the teachers congradulated me.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Not so obvious now that I'm in my twenties, but as a kid and teenager my mother referred to me as having an "old soul" and acting a few years above my actual age.
A series of events had led me to adopt four- I mean, eight tropers as my younger siblings.
- Egregious One: First adoptee. When he started calling me Onee-san, I decided to act the part.
- Boxen: After adopting him a few times in the forum game "Adopt the above poster".
- The Mike: More like he adopted me, and I just went with it.
- Psyche: Jumped on the bandwagon as the little sister of the group.
- Nerd Bird: I thought "Hey, Nerd's cool. Why haven't I adopted her?" and then I fixed it.
- Azure: Started referring to me as such.
- Lior Val: As Boxen's clone, it was appropriate.
- Inhopelessguy: Because I refused to be one of the many Hopey parents.
- Otherarrow: Because Tomato said we tease each other like siblings.
Things people have said on the forums that stood out and/or amused me.
"And yup, you're totally worth killing for. I mean- I would murder without any peculiar reason, anyway, but it would be nice to know it somewhat helped you. By the way, if you have a list of people you want...silenced..."
about my family's pet:
"Bob the cat is a Total Badass. He messes with deadly snakes for FUN, and has a lover in every block. He is a man's cat, the cat every kitten aspires to be when it mews for the first time. It is actually said his mother was a tiger and his father a very brave cat."
"-Starts a [Murky Muse] fanclub-"
's reply when asked if I "look like a doctor" in the Ask The Next Poster A Question forum game:
"Yeah. You look like you might be Matt Smith's replacement!"