"I wasn’t going to be here long enough for anyone to care."
— Dru Anderson
"You may have all day, but you certainly don't have all night."Strange Angels is a series of Young Adult fantasy novels by Lili St. Crow (a pen name of Lilith Saintcrow).There aren't many girls like Dru. Girls who travel around the country in a beat up old pickup getting rid of poltergeists and roach spirits. Girls who can sense when something weird is about to happen. When they move to a small town in the Dakotas she assumes it's going to be like every other move. Spend a couple of months, kill some monsters, and get back on the road. It proves to be different than the rest when her dad chews off more than he can chew, bringing a host of secrets back to Dru in the form of his zombified corpse. She's been introduced to a whole new level of the Real World- one with more fur and fangs than she ever expected.A series of five books:
- Strange Angels
Tropes featured include:
- Action Girl: Dru Also Dru's mother Elizabeth before she was killed
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: A frequent side-effect of Dru's First-Person Smartass narration. Descriptions of the resident Weres/Vamps/dhampir tend to reflect this in particular.
- Broken Bird: It doesn't sink in until after the first hundered pages, but both Dru and Graves have been, at best, traumatized. It's sometimes played with by making it look like Proper Paranoia, but there's a lot of damage on both of them.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The Book of the Trope. Vampires that have potent limitations, Dhampirs with none of the vampire's limitations excepting the blood-thirst(but have a nasty habit of changing sides and backstabbing Svetocha who are full-on toxic when they bloom. It's not enough to get a headache, as all three are well-written and defined.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Two kinds- the tradition Werewulfen, where the human takes advantage of increased abilities but must shift at the full moon; and the loup-garou, a skinchanger who looks like a werewolf, smells like a werewolf, but has very few limitations of a werewolf. Graves becomes a loup-garou shortly after the begining of the first book.