Spectrum Roads: Chronicles of the Colwhores
is an original story about a bunch of Pirates
that seem to exist in Modern Society. They actually do something.
The cast consists of:
Together, you have a pirate crew that engages in ... well, a shit-load of stuff.
This work provides examples of:
- Badass: Blue. Since the first grade.
- The Bully: The first chapter contains two.
- Berserk Button: Harm his Nakama and you will suffer.
- Cool Down Hug: Blue hugging Yellow.
- Determinator: Blue isn't afraid to take on two fifth graders at once, despite the fact that he's in the first grade.
- Do Not Call Me Paul: Subverted: they're regarded by their codenames after the first chapter, but they have no real problems with their first names.
- How We Got Here: The first chapter explains the origins on how the four main characters meet.
- Meaningful Name: The Colwhores because they each have their own favorite color.
- Nakama: Blue calls his friends this in Chapter One
"The next day, at recess, Dylan happily made his way to the hideout. It was no longer solely his, instead he shared it with his new friends – or, as the aspiring pirate liked to say – his nakama."
- Neon Sign Hideout: Subverted in the first chapter with the fact that there is no sign leading to the hide-out, and it appears very secretive, but people find it anyways.
- Pirates: Well, duh.
- Shout-Out: To One Piece in the first chapter.
- To Win Without Fighting: A tie happens only because Blue allows Green and Red to stay, only because the girl (Yellow) behind them is cute.
- Whole Episode Flashback: The first chapter again.