Literature: Spectrum Roads
Spectrum Roads: Chronicles of the Colwhores is an original story about a bunch of Pirates that seem to exist in Modern Society. They actually do something.The cast consists of:
- Blue, The Captain of the Colwhore Pirates.
- Yellow, the female lead, and The Chick (though she's growing out of it).
- Green, the Butt Monkey and Dogged Nice Guy.
- Red, the Only Sane Man ... kinda. She's just very Stoic.
- Finally, Muffin The Medic.
This work provides examples of:
- Badass: Blue. Since the first grade.
- The Bully: The first chapter contains two.
- Berserk Button: Harm his Nakama and you will suffer.
- Cool Down Hug: Blue hugging Yellow.
- Determinator: Blue isn't afraid to take on two fifth graders at once, despite the fact that he's in the first grade.
- Do Not Call Me Paul: Subverted: they're regarded by their codenames after the first chapter, but they have no real problems with their first names.
- How We Got Here: The first chapter explains the origins on how the four main characters meet.
- Meaningful Name: The Colwhores because they each have their own favorite color.
- Nakama: Blue calls his friends this in Chapter One
- "The next day, at recess, Dylan happily made his way to the hideout. It was no longer solely his, instead he shared it with his new friends – or, as the aspiring pirate liked to say – his nakama."
- Neon Sign Hideout: Subverted in the first chapter with the fact that there is no sign leading to the hide-out, and it appears very secretive, but people find it anyways.
- Pirates: Well, duh.
- Shout-Out: To One Piece in the first chapter.
- To Win Without Fighting: A tie happens only because Blue allows Green and Red to stay, only because the girl (Yellow) behind them is cute.
- Whole Episode Flashback: The first chapter again.